Khoros is looking for a communications manager to be an integral driver of our integrated corporate communications and public relations program including media relations, thought leadership and message development to bolster awareness of the Khoros product innovation story and mission. As a Communications Manager, this person will touch both internal and external facets of communicating the Khoros brand. The three primary responsibilities that this person will own are: public relations, event content, and branded content editing. This person may also lean in on larger communications and marketing team initiatives as needed such as internal comms efforts. This role reports into the Senior Director of Marketing Communications.
- Handle all inbound and outbound PR efforts with the support of a contractor, including press releases, quick-turn pitches, bylines, and other thought leadership pieces.
- Own our overall PR strategy, including creating and maintaining our executive platforms
- Lead our awards strategy (research, manage, and submit)
- Lead our speaking engagement strategy (research, recommend, and manage)
- Review HARO opportunities
- Respond to the press inbox
- Main POC for Trendkite (tracking/reporting)
- Note: this will be a joint effort in setting up and maintaining; our goal is to fully automate competitive analysis
- Manage our relationship with PR Newswire (planning, uploading, managing issues)
- Own executive presentations
- Draft bylines and press releases
- Build relationships with reporters
- Manage all mainstage content for our marquee annual customer event and internal Sales Kick Off Event
- Securing customer speakers
- Mapping out mainstage content for a consistent narrative for attendees
- Assist in crafting compelling narratives for all speakers
- Manage timelines for production of content
- Act as production manager at the event ensuring all logistics of the presentation are smooth
- Assist in maintaining brand voice internally by reviewing all HR/Talent emails to all staff.
- All internal communications (emails, company-wide slack messages, internal documents or presentations) will be funneled through this person to create or edit to adhere to the Khoros brand.
- Additional marketing team support on larger initiatives.
- 5-7 years of work experience in marketing, journalism or communications, ideally working for a technology company or agency.
- Excellent writing, editing, and storytelling skills with a keen attention to detail.
- You have deep media relationships, a finger on the pulse of customer experience trends, and the passion to pursue opportunities that are high-impact.
- Understand industry issues relating to products, product categories, technologies, primary and competition and general issues facing the industry.
- University degree in Communications, English, Journalism or a related discipline.
- Strategic thinker with a passion for digital customer engagement, digital marketing and brand development
- Work experience in B2B or enterprise software is a plus.