- Oversees corporate communications and branding in various online and print platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and industry magazines.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the corporate website including methods to deliver messages, ease of navigation, and clarity of information; ensures that all content is current and relevant.
- Designing and executing public relations campaigns while simultaneously managing our PR firm and investments in technology to ensure they provide the business with measurable ROI
- Development and upkeep of preemptive plans for potential crisis communications
- Allows organization to seamlessly provide consistent and timely information to employees through various communications programs designed with ease of use in mind.
- Develops and maintains positive professional relationships with various members of the media and leadership team.
- Acts as corporate spokesperson and responds to members of the media in a timely manner; composes and distributes press releases as needed.
- Assists executive leadership in developing presentations, speeches, and other important corporate messages.
- Leads corporate communications strategy including oversight of visual design and policies to enhance the efficiency of the communications department and to further develop the building and maintaining of a positive corporate brand.
- Develops, implements, and adheres to communications budget.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in public relations, including supervisory and comprehensive marketing experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Organized with attention to detail.
- Superior ability to write in a journalistic style that is customary for corporate and external publications.
- Ability to offer sound media relations advice to senior leadership.
- Excellent managerial and organizational abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with corporate management, employees, media, and the larger community.
- Ability to coordinate efforts of various teams in order to present a coherent message.
- This position will manage a small team within the Marketing department.
- Make an immediate impact on a lean Marketing team.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX.
- Earn competitive hourly pay.
- Collaborate alongside experts in the logistics industry and leaders in Marketing.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays...lunch is on Arrive!
- Sweat it out using our local gym discounts.
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!