Who is Bold Commerce?
Named one of North America’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte, Bold Commerce provides innovative ecommerce technology for businesses of all sizes. We believe Bold brands should have the ability to create and customize powerful transaction experiences — across all channels. Staples Canada, Vera Bradley and Harry Rosen are among the 90,000+ brands in over 170 countries that trust Bold’s suite of ecommerce tools to power their online stores every day.
We're made up of more than 400 professionals (and growing) who live and breathe ecommerce, and truly care about what we do. We call ourselves Builders. Here at Bold, we live by the BUILDERS Code, our shared set of practices, beliefs, and values that help to shape this dynamic company.
Bold is looking for an experienced Communications Manager to elevate the business and Bold's brand through compelling narratives. Reporting directly to the CMO, you will develop and deliver internal and external company communications strategies that support our brand, business, and employee engagement objectives. If you’re an enthusiastic, highly collaborative, innovative storyteller that delivers results, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Coordinate PR agency relationship - collaborating to develop PR plans and narratives to drive the business and our brand forward
- Provide communications support to senior leaders including speech writing, presentations and interview prep
- Track and pursue relevant B2B editorial calendars, industry speaking opportunities, and award submissions
- Contribute to the conception and launch of our Customer Advisory Council and provide ongoing coordination and communications support
- Support leadership and People Operations for internal communications and initiatives including: employee advocacy, internal surveys, events, company web pages, community initiatives and employer branding projects
- Champion and contribute to the evolution of our internal communications channels including Slack, Confluence and town halls
- Champion culture and BUILDERS Code - contribute ideas and foster employee engagement through communications
- Serve as a resource for all departments and establish appropriate monitoring of internal communications to align with brand visual and voice guidelines
- Serve as a member of Bold’s crisis response team, providing communications support and coordination when needed
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years experience in internal or corporate communications or with a public relations agency - ideally in the B2B or B2C technology space
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record of delivering innovative communications initiatives to achieve goals
- A skilled writer with strong communications and presentation skills
- Collaborative working and communication style, building effective relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Experience working with PR agencies and media, as well as deep knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong time and project management skills with ability and agility to multitask and prioritize
- Self motivated with the ability to work independently and set direction
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication and commitment to Bold’s mission and belief in our BUILDERS Code
Why work at Bold?
Our founders have created a workplace that our Builders look forward to coming to every day. A place where ideas are valued, where you can learn and grow and do cool things, while contributing to the success of the company. At Bold we embrace and cultivate a culture of creativity, innovation, and collaboration to enable everyone to do their best work every day.
Enjoy our total rewards package including health benefits, a personal spending account, group retirement savings, an Employee Share Ownership Program (ESOP), and an education fund to help you grow personally and professionally. To see everything we offer, check out boldcommerce.com/careers.
Let’s start the conversation
If you’re a potential Builder who likes to get shit done and think you've got what it takes to be Bold, we encourage you to apply. We promise it will be a career like no other. We get a lot of applicants, so we encourage you to do something that stands out! Tell us about a passion project you’re proud of, or leave us inspired by your portfolio or GitHub. We look forward to getting to know the real you!
Read Full Job Description