Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
Wheel is seeking a communications specialist to join our growing marketing team and help tell authentic and inspiring stories about Wheel’s vision for the future of healthcare. This person will report directly to the head of communications and will play an integral role in shaping Wheel’s overall awareness and reputation.
We’re looking for someone who is driven by curiosity and is a natural storyteller, who loves distilling complex issues into compelling arguments, and is self-motivated to excel under pressure.
This role will work closely with our marketing team as well as cross-functionally to develop and execute communications plans that clearly articulate Wheel’s mission and vision. In addition to supporting highly visible communications efforts, this person will own and manage Wheel’s social accounts.
Business Insider recently named Wheel as one of the startups that will “boom” in 2021. This is a great opportunity to join a small but high-performing team for one of the fastest growing health tech brands.
• Execute the overall communications and social media strategy by developing compelling pitches, blog posts, bylines, and social posts
• Coordinate with PR agency on media relations efforts, including pitching, identifying relevant news and trends, and staffing interviews
• Daily management of all social media platforms (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram) for the company brand — posting, reposting, scheduling, responding to comments and jumping on social trends and topics
• Measure the success of our communications and social media efforts by developing actionable KPIs and dashboards for program monitoring, sharing results with the broader team and key stakeholders, turning learnings into actionable insights
• Work closely with the marketing team to ensure the overall communications strategy is consistent and aligned with objectives, values, and voice - while also adapting and reacting to trends and events in the digital healthcare industry
• Research relevant statistics, data and compelling content for use in messaging development
• Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams including product, sales, and legal
• 3-5 years of experience in communications and/or brand, content, and social media
• Confident writer with with strong communication skills
• Passion for the future potential of healthcare - prior healthcare experience a strong plus
• Skilled in social listening, ability to jump into conversations in real-time
• Prior experience managing social media is strongly preferred
• Organized, flexible, strategic thinker - execute on timely tasks while working collaboratively, ability to juggle many competing priorities and overlapping timelines
• Ability to work independently and in a dynamic, high energy, team-oriented atmosphere
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description