Community Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Community Manager to join our Four Points office. The Community Manager is part of BigCommerce’s mission to provide world class customer service to customers participating in the Help Center Community. Your efforts will ensure the Community is thriving with engaging, helpful discussions and support questions are getting answered with timely and thorough responses. You are genuinely interested in developing relationships, delighting our customers, ensuring that their feedback is heard. You will lead Community programs like Town Hall, Ideas, and Product Betas. You will achieve success as measured by increasing engagement and question resolution for the Community user base and satisfaction of the Community across our internal and external user base.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a mentor for Community Moderator, Level I and II
- Support the Community on a daily basis by creatively and proactively prompting discussions and assisting customers, developers, and partners with their technical and non-technical questions.
- Review and provide coaching to other Community Moderators on writing, judgment, and technical accuracy.
- Advise and collaborate with Product & Engineering, PMO, Legal, Support Management, and Marketing teams to craft customer-facing communications for new features, major updates, and official responses to escalated issues or feedback.
- Use your knowledge of merchant, developer, and partner personalities and preferences to craft and execute content and engagement programs and strategy.
- Engage and nurture relationships with key community influencers by owning the strategy and execution for engagement programs like recognition and reward programs, BigCommerce Insiders, member spotlights, and webinars and AMA online events.
- Lead the ongoing management of BigCommerce Ideas by facilitating monthly review workshops with the Product & API Teams
- Lead the ongoing management of Community-led Product betas. Working with Product & Engineering, you’ll define beta goals and implement tactics to achieve them. You’ll define the rules of engagement and help drive active conversations to gather product feedback.
- Attend and contribute to cross-functional GoToMarket meetings to ensure the transparent, consistent sharing of updates to our merchant community.
- Provide timely, reactive social media support on the BigCommerce Facebook Page, Group, and Twitter handle.
- Responsible for ongoing reporting of key metrics associated with the Community on an interval basis (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual).
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years moderating an online Community or social media presence for a business
- 1+ years of experience supporting the BigCommerce product and/or running a BigCommerce store, required
- 1+ years experience with basic HTML/CSS, required
- Associate’s Degree in communications or a related field, or higher preferred
- Previous project management experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously with excellent judgment and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience leading initiatives and determining the right methods and process for new projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead and develop others through mentorship and coaching opportunities.
- Passion for engaging with others in an online community and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit…)
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills, including spelling, grammar, and English composition
- Exceptional judgment and soft-skills required to represent BigCommerce online and communicate about sensitive issues
- Familiarity with the business habits, personalities, and learning preferences of ecommerce merchants, partners, and developers required
- Previous experience with MS Excel and Salesforce Reports for recording and charting progress over time preferred
- Work effectively cross functionally—marketing, support, product, and engineering with relative ease to champion new ideas and drive business goals
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings