Community Moderator at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2020 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Community Moderator. The Community Moderator is part of BigCommerce’s mission to provide world class customer service to customers participating in the Dev Center Community. Your efforts will ensure the Dev Community is thriving with engaging, helpful discussions and complex developer support questions are getting answered with timely and thorough responses. You’ll be engaging online with our Strategic Business Development partners, external agency and tech partners and their developers, and Mid-Market merchant’s in-house developers. You will use your top notch tech skills and coding know-how to respond with creative solutions publicly and internally communicate potential issues or product gaps to our product and engineering team. You will achieve success as measured by increasing engagement and question resolution for the Dev Community user base.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the Dev Community on a daily basis by creatively and proactively assisting customers, developers, and partners with their technical and non-technical questions.
- Drive question resolution by providing responses, solutions, and selecting “best answers”
- Prompt and participate in discussions that foster connections, relationships, and information sharing, both between members and with you, as a representative of BigCommerce.
- Escalate issues and feedback raised in the Community as necessary to the Product Team, Developer Relations, Developer Documentation, PR, Legal, and Technical Support Management.
- Assist Design and Solution partners, Tech partners, and high-value clients with creating and troubleshooting custom API solutions as needed
- Maintain strong working knowledge of released products and participate in pre-release activities, BETA programs, and ongoing improvement of products
- Maintain Community health by enforcing Community best practices and moderating violations of the Community Code of Conduct.
- Support the ongoing management of BigCommerce Developer Ideas by reviewing incoming ideas, removing duplicates, and closing submissions that do not meet our guidelines.
- Provide timely, reactive social media support on third-party development forums.
- Use your knowledge of merchant, developer, and partner personalities and preferences to craft content as needed.
- Assist as needed with ongoing reporting of key metrics associated with the Community on an interval basis (daily/weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual).
Who You Are:
- 1+ years in-depth experience with the BigCommerce platform, with expert-level BigCommerce product knowledge
- Exceptional troubleshooting, testing and debugging skills in multiple environments
- Formal training or equivalent experience with at least one server-side scripting language, preferably PHP or Ruby
- Strong understanding of BigCommerce API and Stencil theme framework; capable of performing, testing, and debugging requests
- General understanding of code deployment and supporting tools like Github
- Associate’s Degree or higher preferred
- Passion for engaging with others in an online community and social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit…)
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills, including spelling, grammar, and English composition
- Exceptional judgment and soft-skills required to represent BigCommerce online and communicate about sensitive issues
- Familiarity with the business habits, personalities, and learning preferences of ecommerce merchants, partners, and developers required
- Ability to proactively handle conflicts and deal with the range of personalities, maintaining a compassionate, empathetic, helpful attitude
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings