The role of the CrowdStreet Community/Social Media Coordinator is to build, engage and nurture online communities that will enhance and grow our online marketplace. We’re looking for an an expert in community building, both online and offline. Ideally, you have experience in using social media to grow, engage and strengthen communities in ways that make sense for the nuances of each channel. Besides the popular mass market social channels, you know how to leverage community forums, such as Quora and Reddit. In this position, you will own all elements of how CrowdStreet should expand and engage these communities, creating the strategy, and executing against it to drive results. This role provides the opportunity to expand your career in social media and community management in a fast-growing company working alongside a high-performing marketing organization.
The Success You'll Build: Primary Responsibilities and Impact
- Plan and implement strategies to strengthen and grow our communities using all available channels and programs including social media, meetups, events, and online events such as webinars and livestreams.
- Construct and execute customer engagement social campaigns
- Manage tracking and performance metrics for all social media channels and community engagement efforts
- Explore and implement new strategies for customer acquisition through non-paid social media campaigns
- Work closely with investor relations, capital markets and product teams to ideate community features, content and support initiatives both online and offline
- Monitor, track and report on feedback and online reviews
- Organize and manage events, both physical and digital, to engage and activate our communities
- Coordinate with Marketing, PR and Communications teams around content and press opportunities leveraging advocates from our communities
- Build relationships with key customers and be the conduit to marketing opportunities which would benefit from customer quotes, case studies or endorsements.
- Establish community giving-back initiatives and programs across the country
- Ideate new programs to expand, strengthen and engage our various communities coordinating across the company
The Experiences That Will Help You Succeed:
- Proven work experience as a community manager or similar role for a B2C organization
- 2 years experience managing social media channels and programs
- Relevant experience planning and leading community initiatives
- Ability to identify and track relevant community building KPIs
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal and presentations skills
- Ability to interpret impact of programs using web analytics tools
- Knowledge of online marketing in a broad sense
- Attention to detail, critical-thinker and problem-solver
The How | Values:
We are a diverse and collaborative organization We are connected and motivated by our common mission and goals:
- Collaboration: Seek diverse input, engage in healthy discussion, commit to decisions
- Respect: Treat others with kindness, practice empathy and inclusion, be a positive influence on others
- Impact: Embrace the entrepreneurial journey, focus on what matters, build something meaningful
Harassment, sexism, racism, bullying, aggression, intolerance & corrosive internal politics are unacceptable. Our values and beliefs are reflected in how we hire, coach, train, lead, reward, recognize and work together as a team.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume via our careers website or the included Greenhouse application.
Crowdstreet Benefits and Perks
- BE HEALTHY, BE HAPPY
We support the health of our employees and families through our Medical, Dental, and Vision plans which include HSA and FSA options.
- TAKE A BREAK
We offer a Flexible Time Off policy to encourage you to take a break when needed. Our policy also provides time off for you to volunteer and parental leave to support your growing family.
- WORK WHERE YOU WORK BEST
We know that great work can happen anywhere which is why we offer a hybrid work model. Work from home, anywhere in the continental U.S., from one of our offices (Austin, TX or Portland, OR) or some combination of the two.
- CROWDSTREET EQUITY
We provide stock option grants for all of our new employees to keep you connected to the ongoing success of our company.
- HOW YOU WORK
We provide all of our employees with a monthly stipend to use for your home office needs or support how you choose to commute to the office. Need something else to do your job? Our People Ops team can help!
- BUILD YOUR CAREER
We supply a monthly stipend for your continuous learning and development. Is there a course you’ve always wanted to take? A certification you’ve wanted to achieve? A conference you’ve wanted to attend? Work with your manager to tee it up!
Working at CrowdStreet
CrowdStreet is the leading online commercial real estate investing marketplace. Our customer, the individual investor, joins the CrowdStreet community to learn about and invest directly in institutional-quality private real estate deals. Our mission is to deliver the best online real estate investing experience and make it easy for individual investors to diversify their portfolios.
CrowdStreet has been recognized as a leader in the commercial real estate and technology spaces. Recent accolades include:
- Forbes Top 500 Best Startup Employer
- Deloitte Technology Fast 500
- 2020 Top Places to Work, The Oregonian
- 2020 Oregon Technology Awards Accelerate Company of the Year
- #5 for "Fastest Growing Private Companies in Oregon & SW Washington" by the Portland Business Journal.
We are proud to support ‘Work Where You Work Best’ and are enthusiastically adding to our team throughout the US. We also offer two locations (AUS and PDX) for those who work best in an office.
At CrowdStreet, inclusion, equity, and diversity are critical in achieving our goals. Our differences in age, race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, physical ability, thinking style and background bring a breadth of knowledge that makes us collectively smarter and better able to compete. We are committed to recruiting, developing, and advancing a diverse staff and engaging in the hard work that makes that possible.