Content Marketing Manager
We are seeking a driven individual who loves writing, studies social media trends, and is excited about content creation, branding, and marketing. The ideal candidate is a bright, enthusiastic creative who is ready to help shape our brand voice, increase brand awareness, and generate customer leads for GoDaddy among franchisors and franchisees. Online marketing and lead generation skills are a plus. Sound like you? Then, you’ve come to the right place.
About the Team:
We are a newly funded “startup” organization within GoDaddy fully-focused on franchise networks and their unique marketing challenges. We’re working on a new solution that protects and amplifies the franchisor’s brand vision and strategy at the local, franchisee level across thousands of social media touchpoints -- blending brand compliance and local authenticity to power an exceptional online consumer experience. Using our proven "Do-It-For-You" delivery model, expert team, nationwide, professional photography network, and proprietary technology, GoDaddy will enable franchisors and their franchisees to protect their reputation and elevate their brand presence to win new customers.
- You’re an experienced content writer and a natural storyteller with outstanding speaking, writing, and editing skills.
- You have experience in both short- and long-form copy, particularly on social media and in email marketing.
- You have a sharp proofreading eye with an enthusiasm for adhering to AP Style and the ability to catch copy errors big and small.
- You like measuring data and understand both social media and industry trends.
- You’re a highly-efficient multi-tasker who has excellent strategic vision and big-picture thinking.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment, take initiative and have the ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- You’re passionate about creating exceptional customer and consumer experiences through thoughtfully-written content.
- You love developing new relationships, working with diverse groups of people, and are comfortable with interacting with executives.
What does it take to succeed our team?
- 1-3 years of experience in content creation, copywriting, and/or content marketing.
- Knowledge of branding, content marketing, lead generation, and online marketing strategies.
- Experience with email marketing, especially with platforms like MailChimp and Marketo.
- Skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- A drive to learn and a passion for and intellectual curiosity about the discipline of content creation, digital marketing strategy, and paid media, and how this fits under our corporate brand strategy.
- Ability to work well under pressure with high expectations and a large workload through effective time-management, task prioritization, and organization.
- Ability to work autonomously with strong judgment skills.
You will be an integral part of the team dedicated to serving larger franchise brands and multi-location businesses. Driving both our internal voice and external presence, you will establish a strong customer connectivity to our brand strategy. You’ll be leading content marketing initiatives that are prospect and customer-facing, while juggling multiple projects simultaneously, and will be a major contributor to bigger projects across teams and departments to grow our business line and ultimately help grow the company.
- Drive all content marketing initiatives within the Franchise Division to drive traffic, engagement, and quality leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
- Develop and deliver an effective content marketing strategy that includes content categorization and structure, content development, distribution, and measurement, and plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
- Develop a prospect and customer-facing blog, including creation and curation of blog posts that highlight team members, spotlight customers, and present insights for franchisees and franchisors to bolster our reputation and awareness in the market.
- Perform ongoing analysis, measurement, and optimization of content marketing program
- Deliver executive presentations on the content marketing program and results.
- Develop and execute thought leadership pieces from initial copy development to asset production such as whitepapers, checklists/ tip sheets, and eBooks.
- Develop and manage a webinar program to raise awareness of our services and generate leads.
- Partner with Product Marketing to develop prospect and customer journey and touchpoints to increase sales and retention.
- Support members of the Franchise Sales and Account Management Teams (and the Franchise Team as a whole) to promote events, workshops, and webinars through effective email marketing and original blog posts.
- Support the Franchise Team through copywriting, proofreading, and copyediting external email marketing communications.
- Compose and create external-facing marketing assets to generate warm leads, partnering with Franchise Sales and Product Marketing Team members.
- Support teams across the organization to ensure alignment with brand style and voice for the Franchise Division.