Content Marketing Manager
Duo’s mission is to make security simple for everyone. We were born from a hacker ethos and a desire to make the Internet a secure place.
Our roots and values were crafted in the Midwest. We believe in enabling and empowering people to follow their passions inside and outside of the office. Collaboration is our standard operating practice, and we actively seek to reduce barriers to brilliance.
Our team is our secret weapon. We own the spectrum from artists to analysts, calm to high energy, and bring together a diversity of skill sets, experiences, and perspectives to tackle what we consider to be the world's most pressing geopolitical challenge — transforming the security industry as we know it.
Together we build solutions that are easy, effective, trustworthy, and enduring. And that’s why we are the most loved and trusted company in security.
What you’ll do…
We’re looking for a strategic storyteller with the ability to turn technical concepts into relatable, relevant, human-focused content that can be creatively communicated via many different mediums - from written to highly visual. You will be joining the content team, part of Creative/Marketing.
As a seasoned writer, editor and content marketing manager, you’ll be responsible for writing, planning and executing a content strategy informed by broader marketing and product launch campaigns. You’ll need to understand Duo’s many different personas and how to communicate to them effectively.
You’ll work closely with many of Duo’s content contributors and teams to create, edit and publish varying types of content for different audiences, including:
- Security research - Duo Labs turns out highly technical research papers and blog posts on duo.com/labs
- Sales enablement - Product Marketing-driven case studies, solution briefs, product messaging, product launch content, etc.
- Marketing collateral - Marketing content drives lead generation and awareness; this includes ebooks, web copy, blog posts, newsletters, social content, etc.
- External communications - Our public relations team produces press releases, pitches security research and Duo-related news
The ideal candidate for this position takes the initiative required to produce results, with an eye for high-quality content that can be turned out quickly to keep up with the fast pace of the information security industry. Using both your creative and analytical skills, you balance strategizing with the tactical to get the job done the right way.
- Develop, write and edit content distributed across the web, social and email to reach targeted audiences
- Collaborate with our product marketing, technical security researchers, product management, marketing and external communications teams
- Keep up with the latest trends in our industry and Duo’s specific area of focus to inform and write timely thought leadership content
- Ensure content adheres to Duo’s unique voice and tone
- 3-5 years of experience writing for business to business (B2B) software companies, with a portfolio of articles, ebooks, landing pages and other content you’ve written and/or collaborated on
- Strong project and peer management skills, with the ability to own and drive content campaigns and projects from start to finish
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment that requires multitasking on a variety of different projects
- BA or BS in journalism, English or related field and experience with AP style a plus
Why you should apply…
- You are a born storyteller who likes diving into new topics and writing about them in a clear and authentic way.
- You are comfortable with trying new, innovative ways to present content.
- You enjoy collaborating with an imaginative and highly-skilled creative team to create and publish new content.
Why you shouldn’t apply…
- You can’t stand a fast-paced, motivating environment.
- Deadlines are your enemy.
- You aren’t a fan of compelling stories about a dynamic industry.
Duo is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We are able to grow and learn better together with a diverse team of employees. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent that our employees invest in their work represents not only part of our culture, but our reputation and Duo’s achievement as well. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the rare contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.
And if this role is exciting you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all 100% of the description or qualifications. Finally and most importantly, we are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer.