Content Marketing Manager
Shogun is a rapidly growing fintech company specializing in the home improvement loan sector, supported by 8VC, Founders Fund, and other prominent leaders in Silicon Valley. Our SaaS platform -- Hearth (www.gethearth.com) -- offers contractors across the country an effective and highly competitive way to give their customers financing options for their home improvement projects.
About the Role
The Content Marketing Manager will own all of Hearth’s external-facing content and organic social media marketing programs. In this role, you will be responsible for Hearth’s content marketing programs from concept to creation. You will help educate, engage, and grow our audience with timely, relevant and actionable content. You will work collaboratively across the organization to understand our customers’ needs and you will use your marketing acumen to answer them.
You’ll do more than write: our content takes multiple forms including video, webinars, and audio formats; you’ll own them all and bring us new ideas for how we can innovate and engage our audience to meet our business goals.
Specifically, you will:
- Own Hearth’s content strategy and content calendar as part of the demand generation team working closely with the VP of Marketing and Sr. Director of Demand Generation
- Perform copywriting and copy editing for the website, emails, and other assets
- Write content of all forms from short-form emails, blogs, and social posts to long-form ebooks, and guides
- Develop and manage the production of video and audio content that engages our audience and delivers on our goals
- Own the execution and performance of the Hearth webinar program for both leads and customers
- Maintain our presence across our social media channels, looking for opportunities to engage and grow our audience
- BA or BS in Marketing, English, Communications, Journalism, History or similar and relevant work experience
- Impeccable written communication
- The ability to translate complex financial topics into clear, engaging and meaningful copy that helps contractors and homeowners make better business and financial decisions
- Keen marketing sense and the ability to write for different audiences
- Knowledge of direct response and copywriting best practices
- Copy that resonates and converts
- An ability to get to the heart of an issue
- A strong bias for action and ability to execute at an exceptional level quickly
- A strong business instinct and understanding of the finance and personal loan industry
- Ability to create programs in Marketo as needed from existing templates
We are hiring for this position in either our Austin, TX or San Francisco, CA office.
- Mission-driven, values-based culture.
- Competitive pay.
- Generous PTO, plus paid company holidays.
- Medical, dental, and vision options.
- 401(k) package.
- Upbeat, casual and fun office environment and culture.
- Company sponsored events and happy hours.
More About Us
Shogun embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.