BigCommerce, named a 2019 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a technically savvy, data-driven content marketer whose focus is on growth. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry by working directly on customer acquisition through content strategy and creation. This role will allow you to work across the entire business, including Marketing, Sales, Product, and our Executive Leadership team.
The Content Marketing Manager will collaborate cross-functionally to develop integrated content strategies designed to support the entire funnel, from acquisition through to conversion. This role will be responsible for strategizing as well as writing content, and will report to the Director, Content Marketing. This person should be a skilled Marketing professional, with a strong communications background.
- Have 5+ years experience creating credible, professional content that moves people and builds brands.
- Have a diverse writing portfolio and skill set which includes a mix of long-form content and short-form copy for a variety of channels.
- Have roots in brand and product marketing with an emphasis on strategic storytelling.
- Have a proven track record of creating impactful marketing content with the help of data and prose.
- Have experience with ecommerce software and/or enterprise software.
- Understand how content should support the buyer’s journey.
Content Strategy and Creation
- Partner with Brand, Product, Partner and Demand Generation teams to create full-funnel, integrated content strategies in support of marketing goals.
- Write compelling, original content and highly creative copy for a variety of marketing materials including blog posts, ebooks, emails, infographics, podcasts, video scripts, web pages, webinars, video scripts and more.
- Make strategic recommendations for relevant content types based on objectives, distribution channels, and past performance data.
- Identify opportunities to repurpose and repackage content in order to amplify message, visibility and lead generation.
- Identify content performance KPIs and continue to refine the content strategies based on performance metrics.
- Uphold the integrity of BigCommerce content by ensuring content is consistent with the brand voice and style, as well as optimized for search and user experience.
- Regularly audit evergreen and seasonal content to ensure accuracy, consistency and relevancy.
- Position yourself as an industry influencer and thought leader, speaking on behalf of BigCommerce’s beliefs, insights, future-casting and customer needs.
Grow Grow Grow
- Identify and execute on new content opportunities to generate and advance leads through the sales funnel.
- Strategize cross-functionally both internally and externally with Marketing, Sales, Brand, Product and Design teams, as well as partners, customers, influencers and experts for maximum content impact.
- Think BIG across all content ideas and initiatives –– always keeping the needs of enterprise prospects in mind.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, English, Journalism, or similar field.
- 5+ years of highly successful online marketing experience in either software including B2B and SaaS, or at an ecommerce brand or agency.
- Technically Experienced
- Content Production (WordPress)
- SEO (Ahrefs, MarketMuse)
- Analytics (eg. Google Analytics)
- CRM (eg. Salesforce, Marketo)
- HTML knowledge preferred
- Strategist - You understand how different marketing messages and channels affect business people in different buyer segments and different parts of the customer journey from acquisition to retention.
- Customer Focused - You want to deliver the best experience possible for future and current partners, as helping our partners’ businesses grow is the #1 goal at BigCommerce.
- Problem Solver - You can see hidden problems and probe a variety of sources for answers, are able to look beyond the obvious, and can identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- Psychology - Interest in human psychology and how different psychological triggers work together.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Eager Learner - You pick up on things quickly, enjoy learning new skills and knowledge, and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.