Content Marketing Specialist at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a technically savvy, highly organized Content Marketing Specialist whose focus is on growth. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry by helping to bring BigCommerce’s world-class content to life. As a key member of the Content Marketing team, this person must be equal parts creative and organized, with a passion for content operations and storytelling.
The Content Marketing Specialist will work closely with Content Marketing Managers to conduct content research, content audits and review content analytics in support of content initiatives and programs. This role will be responsible for managing projects within BigCommerce’s content management platform, and liaising with the Marketing Project Management team to streamline content production. Our ideal candidate is a driven, forward-thinking marketer who will contribute innovative ideas to continually improve BigCommerce content.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and manage editorial content calendars.
- Manage content project staffing, timelines and workflows within BigCommerce’s content management platform.
- Liaise with Marketing Project Managers to streamline content production.
- Regularly audit evergreen and seasonal content to ensure accuracy, consistency and relevancy.
- Work cross-functionally with Web, Data and Revenue Operations teams to obtain content data and analytics in order to improve content performance.
- Conduct content research and competitive audits as needed.
- Occasionally proof, edit and write content for marketing materials.
- Identify new opportunities to improve content processes.
- Contribute innovative ideas to content brainstorms.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, English, Journalism or similar field.
- 1-3 years experience in a similar marketing, communications or content-focused role at either a software company or an ecommerce brand/agency.
- Strong project management skills with experience managing marketing calendars, workflows and deadlines.
- A writing background with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A strong understanding of the role content marketing plays within organizations.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems.
- An acute attention to detail and propensity for strategic thinking.
- An eagerness to learn about the various facets of content marketing.