BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a technically savvy, data-driven Content Marketing Strategist whose focus is on growth. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry through content strategy and creation. As a key member of the Content Marketing team, this person must be equal parts creative and strategic, with a passion for storytelling.
The Content Marketing Strategist will work cross-functionally with Brand, Product, Partner, Customer and Demand Generation teams to develop strategies designed to create awareness and drive engagement with content. This role will report to the Director, content marketing and will focus heavily on supporting BigCommerce’s thought leadership programming. Our ideal candidate is a driven, forward-thinking marketer and skilled strategist who will contribute innovative ideas to help elevate and expand our content reach.
What You’ll Do
- Develop and execute integrated content strategies and tactics in support of thought leadership programming and Content Marketing goals.
- Strategize cross-functionally both internally and externally with Marketing, Sales, Brand, Product and Design teams, as well as partners, customers, influencers and experts for maximum content impact.
- Make strategic recommendations for relevant content types based on objectives, distribution channels and past performance data.
- Identify opportunities to repurpose and repackage content in order to amplify message, visibility and lead generation.
- Identify content performance KPIs and continue to refine the content strategies based on performance metrics.
- Regularly conduct content research, audits and analysis to ensure content is competitive, timely and relevant by industry standards.
- Partner closely with content writers to ensure cohesive storytelling across content touchpoints.
- Occasionally proof, edit and write content for marketing materials.
- 3-5 years of content strategy and content writing experience with a focus on B2B marketing, ecommerce and/or SaaS.
- A thorough understanding of how content should support the buyers’ journey.
- A proven track record of developing and executing content strategies and tactics.
- Roots in brand and product marketing with an emphasis on strategic storytelling.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- A demonstrated ability to identify and creatively solve complex problems.