Content Specialist, Senior at WP Engine
If you embrace creative challenges, despise rote work and identify with a company that's celebrated for its culture and earned a place on nine different Fortune Great Place To Work lists, then WP Engine is looking for you!What's Cool About This Job:
In an effort to further accelerate growth, we're hiring a Senior Content Specialist. This person should be able to optimize our premier content across all our digital channels. A key part of the role will be to liaise across our content and digital marketing teams to optimize inbound marketing as well as provide feedback and findings as a result of inbound marketing activities to our editors on the content side of the house.
Reporting to the VP of Global Communications, this SEO leader will be a player-coach, a forward-thinking strategist and a skilled executor.The Day To Day:
- Interact directly with the editors of our three publications: Torque, WP Engine Blog and Velocitize to improve our content performance.
- Deliver insights learned through SEO analyses that inform our editors' content strategy across all our content channels - torquemag.io, wpengine.com and velocitize.com.
- Build dashboards and communicate content performance and recommendations on future content to our editorial team and broader marketing team in weekly standups and monthly recap formats.
- Grow marketing's contribution via our content to both non-sales (ecommerce) and sales pipeline by building, executing and leading the inbound marketing strategy across every content channel: torquemag.io, wpengine.com and velocitize.com
- Collaborate with Demand Gen, Brand and Web teams to ensure our content reflects an outstanding online experience.
- Maintain a data-first approach to continually measure and optimize performance, improve conversion and return on investment of our content through attribution modeling and provide regular recommendations on ways to exceed content critical metric benchmarks including conversion goals and ROAS.
- Ensure sales and marketing alignment of priorities, adjusting as the need arises by changing market conditions, customer insights and/or emerging opportunities.
- SEO Guru. You eat, sleep and breathe SEM/SEO programs and strategy at scale, ideally at a SaaS or e-commerce company.
- Content = Business. You're a creative thinker with an innate ability to tie content strategy to MQL goals.
- Teamwork is your middle name. You've excelled in roles where you work with all manners of teams and players and can effectively communicate SEO concepts at all levels of the organization.
- You consistently hit headlines with your personal time management and communication.
- But first, analyze. You have strong analytical skills and an ability to interpret data to derive actionable insights; a proven track record in making information driven decisions to continually optimize performance and determine future investments. Experience with a multi-touch attribution is a significant plus.
- You are not only technically savvy with respect to current solutions in the market but you've got an eye on all the latest trends and innovations within martech/adtech and the digital marketing landscape.
- Even the coldest heart is thawed through your persuasion. You can influence and partner effectively up and down through the chain of command.
- You're not only great from a strategic standpoint but you know how to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- Run your own website or anything on WordPress? Show it off!
- Any experience at a top search agency? (we love our agency friends who do it right)
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Stock Options (Every employee is an owner in the company)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and Vision)
- 401(k) (Employer match to make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and AD&D)
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter reimbursement
- Lunch (Provided three times a week)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.