Copywriter - Marketing & Creative at Invitae
Copywriter - Marketing & Creative
Invitae is a rapidly growing genetic testing company driven by the mission to expand access to high-quality, comprehensive, affordable genetic testing in order to lower healthcare costs and improve outcomes for billions of people.
To help realize our mission, Invitae is looking for a copywriter for the Creative team who will play an important role in Invitae’s content creation, influencing how Invitae presents itself to the world. In addition to being a stellar writer, you’re deeply curious about the world around you—health and wellness in particular—and love to problem solve. Rolling up your sleeves comes naturally. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and get excited about finding fun, entertaining ways to get readers excited about genetics. You enjoy playing a key role on a small, high-performing team. Most importantly, you have a passion for improving patients’ lives.
What you’ll do:
- Serve as Invitae’s main writer for patient & non-clinical audiences, engaging readers with crisp, informative, and entertaining stories.
- Help us amplify our brand story through a variety of marketing projects, combining creative writing with strategic insights to craft inspiring and effective narratives.
- Write in various styles and tones, from supportive and friendly to clear and process-oriented—but always compelling.
- Write in various forms, including web copy, blog, social media, digital ads, emails, video scripts, brochures, and more.
- Understand and consistently reflect the brand voice of the company.
- Keep abreast of trends in content and style reflected on various popular social media channels.
- Juggle a large number of projects efficiently, effectively, and independently.
- Communicate status of ongoing projects and effectively prioritize incoming requests.
- Work closely with people from all corners of the organization, from researchers to executive management.
What you’ll bring:
- You’re a strategic and experienced content writer and storyteller, with a strong portfolio spanning social media, web copy, educational and patient/consumer materials, digital ads, marketing emails, video scripts, and more.
- You are highly skilled at translating complex scientific and medical topics into engaging, compelling copy that’s easily digestible by non-clinical audiences.
- You combine strategic insights with creative writing to create a compelling story that expresses the right messages for the right audiences.
- You are resourceful, inspired, and self-driven—a strategic thinker who adds value to every project rather than simply delivering what’s requested.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, are a resolution-builder, and a progress maker.
- You have the desire to be challenged and to learn something new every day.
- You manage your own time effectively to ensure on-time delivery of your work.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, with strong attention on every detail and the ability to edit your own work with an exceptional eye for spelling, grammar, syntax, structure, and voice.
- Ideally, you have knowledge of genetics and experience working in GSuite (but if not, don’t let that stop you from applying!).
- Curiosity, humility, and an interest in building something new.
- The ability to say: I don’t know but am excited to figure it out/try!
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.