The Creative Dept. is an international, multi-disciplinary group of creatives with a deep curiosity about the world and a passion for travel. As part of the Global Brand team, we’re responsible for imagining, developing and delivering world-class creative that engages, informs and gets results. We’re the dreamers and doers behind global and regional marketing campaigns, always-on channels, and technical initiatives that help scale it all. We seek the industry’s best storytellers, visual artists, and technical experts to help us tell the Vrbo story around the world.
Vrbo is seeking a copywriter to create engaging videos for YouTube and social media. This role will sit within our in-house agency, The Creative Dept. You will collaborate with a team of art directors, editors, motion designers and producers to make delightful and engaging video content. Your day-to-day will involve a range of responsibilities including developing new concepts for short and long-form videos, coming up with punchy supers, writing scripts, and suggesting editing tweaks.
An online portfolio with samples of video work is required to apply. For real. No scrubs.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as a do-it-all writer for our video team
- Concept, write and collaborate to produce a wide range of incredibly dank vids
- Occasionally attend shoots to provide direction and interviewing support. Showbiz, baby!
- Help ensure our brand feels interesting and authentic, and that we maintain a uniform brand voice in everything we produce
Who You Are:
Skills and Experience:
- A degree in Advertising, English, Journalism or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience as a copywriter for tourism, lifestyle or consumer brands within an agency or in-house creative team
- Solid video experience, from concept to completion
- Experience participating in conceptual brainstorms and developing ideas for pitches
- A background in building/working against editorial calendars is a real plus
- A master/mistress of voice and tone
- Motivated, highly organized, flexible and detail-oriented
- Strong communication skills
Critical success factors
- A conceptual mind: You are constantly scheming up big ideas
- A passion for video, social media, and brainstorming
- Strong organizational abilities: You understand the processes and planning necessary to produce at scale
- Deadline-driven: You take pride in consistently delivering exceptional work that’s on target, on brand and on time
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them with tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.