At CesiumAstro, we are pioneers of advanced communication systems for satellites, UAVs, launch vehicles, and other space and airborne platforms. We take pride in our dynamic and cross-functional work environment to learn, develop, and engage across our organization. If you are looking for hands-on, interactive, and autonomous work, CesiumAstro is the place for you. We are actively seeking passionate, collaborative, energetic, and forward-thinking individuals to join our team.
We are looking to add a Corporate Communications Lead to our team. If you are great at what you do, enjoy working in a startup environment, and have a mind for the business of technology, we would like to hear from you. In this position, you will be responsible for all corporate communications across marketing, sales, business opportunity development, and other initiatives. The area of responsibility for this role is broad and requires a wide range of knowledge. An ideal candidate will lean on their knowledge within the fields of electronics engineering, telecommunications, and technology commercialization to provide thought leadership in delivering innovative messages and implementing strategies for corporate communications and brand.
Daily responsibilities include developing and implementing a focused communications strategy for the company to build and maintain a positive and progressive corporate branding. We will rely heavily on your knowledge of market trends, ability to identify opportunities, content writing, and delivering internal and external corporate branding messages for employees and clients alike.
The successful candidate will be highly experienced in working in a fast-paced hyper-growth environment, with the ability to develop and communicate a brand that furthers our mission, values, and future roadmap. The ideal candidate is extremely organized, articulate, flexible, quick to grasp business needs, a team player, an excellent written and oral communicator, and eager to lead.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of business products and company value proposition
- Identify and maintain all communications and branding needs such as the corporate website, LinkedIn and other social platforms, industry publications, and online forums
- Generates policies that enhance the company mission and values to further develop a positive and progressive company brand
- Manage relationships with media outlets while working proactively with the media to generate press coverage
- Develop strong branding and communications strategies including writing news releases, blog posts, pitches, speeches, and other written materials; experience in creating and drafting engaging social media content
- Set new standards and processes for clear and concise company marketing
- Develop technology and brand communications plans aligned with the needs of the business
- Manage the creation of the sales and branded materials by working with creative team/vendors
- Collaborate with Engineering and leadership to continue to develop, create and improve all communication channels and expand company reach within the industry
- Create high-quality social branding and communications awareness company-wide
- Perform other related duties as assigned and identified
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or related field
- Minimum 7 years of experience in a relevant position
- In-depth knowledge of technology, engineering, and/or aerospace telecommunications
- Proven ability to develop and execute marketing and communications plans
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and professional skills
- Time management skills, with the ability to separate the important tasks from the noise
- Sense of urgency, with ability to work well under pressure
- A positive, team-player attitude
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience with the New Space industry
- Experience with the aerospace telecommunications industry
- Experience with startups
CesiumAstro is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We provide generous benefits and stock option package to all our employees.