Corporate Communications Manager at Invitae
Corporate Communications Manager
Invitae is a fast-growing, mission-driven medical genetics company bringing genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is diverse, ambitious and always expanding and we need a corporate communications pro who can help us elevate our story as a powerhouse in the genetics industry.
The primary responsibility of the position is to develop and execute communications strategies to share Invitae’s story externally (public, patients, clinicians, media, policymakers) and internally. This is a hands-on role on our communications team that is perfect for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and who has a passion for defining an approach and seeing it through to completion. You will also collaborate across our organization, including with our management, medical affairs, investor relations, technology, policy and commercial/sales teams and our external agency partner.
What you’ll do
- Design and drive corporate communications efforts, including
- Design and manage strategy, messaging and tactical execution to build our visibility as a healthcare technology company (including events/speaking engagements, content and media relations)
- Design and manage strategy, messaging, content and tactical execution to support innovative workplace positioning and visibility (including events/speaking engagements, content and media relations)
- Organize and lead company data releases, presentations, conference presence and messaging at industry conferences
- Support executive visibility efforts for our management team, identifying speaking engagements and collaborating with the team to craft presentations, panels and associated media opportunities
- Collaborate with commercial and sales teams and partner organizations to drive awareness of our network via public relations support of our partnership programs
- Provide internal communications support for company newsletter and all-hands virtual meetings
- Serve as a strategic partner and provide communications counsel to internal teams as needed
- Collaborate with communications team on other external and internal communications efforts
What you bring
- 7-10 years experience in corporate communications/PR ideally in biotech, healthcare or pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with internal communications, policy communications and/or investor relations preferred
- Solid verbal and written communication skills for hands-on content development for presentations, press releases, organizational change messages, video scripts, web content
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and network broadly throughout an organization
- Skill in successfully managing external agency partners for maximum impact
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Public Relations or related
- Ability to travel
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.