Customer Experience Marketing Lead at Hippo Insurance
Role: Customer Experience Marketing Lead
Location: Austin, Texas
Reports to: Andrea Collins, VP Marketing
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off - Time off to care for yourself and your family to rest and recharge.
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
We’re looking for a new teammate who is passionate about marketing, customer experience and communication with the amazing ability to think creatively and strategically to identify and resolve issues. This role will be primarily focused on marketing support for our customer service channels including social media and email marketing. We’re truly looking for someone who can lead the voice of Hippo to our online community and incredible customers.
You will write and create content that will give homeowners and our customers valuable insights. In addition, this role will also take charge of internal communications helping us draft written communications to support our already robust event and culture, ultimately working with the VP of Marketing to be the in-house story teller. This role will grow into our primary cross-office marketing manager and customer experience specialist - leading customer case study programs, editorial calendars and support materials based on direct customer needs.
You’re self motivated, thrive in a fast-paced environment and love working with a close knit group. Ideally, you’ve had to sell insurance or have homeowner’s insurance experience in the past (we’re willing to train). You love telling a good story to customers and co-workers alike. You are known among your friend group for your one line zingers, empathy and driven nature. You’re a natural liaison between multiple business functions in order to drive our goals forward.
- Manage or oversee all social media customer interactions including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Create and publish relevant, original, high-quality content (for all social media channels)
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would build on content needed (i.e. recognition and rewards for participation in the company’s marketing and online reviews)
- Select and leverage the right tools to manage content
- Integrate social content with other marketing channels (SEO, content marketing, email, print and digital marketing)
- Support the launch of product features and market expansions with social media campaigns to new and existing users
- Leverage personalization to deliver the right message to the right person at the right time based on their persona, preferences and behavior
- Work cross-functionally with product, design and engineering on creating marketing materials and landing pages to connect the marketing content to our product user experience
- Help build and execute a sophisticated internal communications strategy and program; define and implement internal communications channels and best practices using creative methods for engaging audiences at all levels
- Create content for internal communications, such as newsletters, videos, surveys and event reviews
- Partner with marketing team to refine external messaging based on customer experience insights
- Partner with internal and external partners to develop complementary visuals and videos for internal and external use
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, English or similar
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Extensive experience producing organic social media marketing campaigns that drive traffic/leads
- Strong project management experience
- Incredibly skilled at customer and partner communications
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Accountability and resourcefulness
- Meticulous attention to detail and organization
- So analytical, you can find diamonds in the rough while others are still searching
- Have a strong bias for getting stuff done quickly and with high quality
- Able to put the customer first, in all strategies, plans and campaigns
- Experience with B2C marketing
- 3-5 years of experience in marketing, partner marketing or content development
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.