Customer Marketing Associate at A Cloud Guru
INNOVATIVE | CUSTOMER CHAMPION | RELATIONSHIP BUILDER
As our Customer Marketing Associate you will help build an innovative strategy to activate and grow our vibrant and diverse community of raving fans into strong ACG Ambassador program! You'll focus on relationship building with our customers and nuture those with compelling stories to share through case studies, testimonials, videos, and blogs. You'll champion our customers and help us create life long relationships!Hello, we're A Cloud Guru
Our friends call us ACG.
We're on a mission to teach the WORLD to cloud. A Cloud Guru is the largest online cloud school on the planet. Our training feels more like logging into Netflix or Spotify - it's entertaining and playful. The people are the #1 reason employees say they stay at ACG. We’re a quirky, tight-knit crew that cares about our customers and each other. No egos here. Our leaders encourage thoughtfulness, compassion, being humble, and we have a bit of fun along the way.
It’s an exciting time to join the team, because we’re in a really unique space. We have an amazing product that people want, and we're in an industry that's tripling in size overnight.What makes the Marketing team awesome...
We design the graphics, write the words, and funnel the funnels. We bring the brand to life with a sidecar of delight along for the ride in every interaction with our students. Play around with a brand that understands the value of not being stuffy and corporate, even on the business side. Everyone is receptive and encouraging of new ideas. There’s a lot of creativity and bouncing ideas off of each other. We believe everyone brings value. It’s refreshing and energizing to be in a collaborative environment like that.
We’re always looking for fun and creative ways to go above and beyond what’s necessary or just good enough. It can be something simple that other organizations might not consider worth the time, like adding an animated GIF to an email or spending a little more time on a landing page to make the experience a bit more special. It’s all about giving our students a little bit more joy in any way we can. - Matt, River-tubing Guru (and Creative Director)As a Customer Marketing Associate at ACG, you’ll get to:
- Develop creative programs to cross-pollinate, connect and amplify our customers’ stories across the community ecosystem
- Identify and nurture customers with compelling stories to share through case studies, testimonials, videos, blogs, speaking events, as well as media interviews
- Cultivate effective relationships with key customer groups including active community members & existing advocates
- Understand ACG’s B2C customers and align customer voice assets to overall business goals to build awareness, generate demand, accelerate pipeline and increase customer engagement
- Work collaboratively across the Marketing, Product, and Content teams to develop community and advocacy programs
- Develop a successful measurement and reporting process to demonstrate the value and impact of community and customer advocacy
We focus on hiring values aligned people, because we believe the right person can learn all the things to be successful in their role. Self-confidence plays a big part in what you apply for. We encourage all job applicants to apply even if they are nervous to do so. College degrees aren't required for any roles, and career gaps or switches are totally welcome.
- 1-2 years in B2B marketing, customer marketing, customer success, or community and advocacy roles
- Great storyteller and excellent communicator
- Creative problem solver
- A strategic thinker that can see beyond the day-to-day grind, but tactical in your ability to create a stronger brand presence and customer experience through community building and advocacy
- Deep curiosity, excellent listening skills, empathy, and ability to get things done in a collaborative team environment
- Results oriented with experience using qualitative and quantitative metrics with a focus on revenue, conversion, and other marketing goals
We want the people who care about doing a good job. The ones who have the humility and hunger to learn. - Sam Kroonenburg, Co-Founder and CEOMore than a job
Where you work isn’t just a career decision -- it’s a life decision. We get it. That’s why we want all of our Gurus to feel a sense of belonging that comes from feeling supported in all areas of their lives. Everyone has family, friends and interests outside of their careers, so we offer perks and benefits to make work, work better for you.
- 4 weeks PTO, plus 10 sick days, and holidays. Whether it's hiking to a waterfall in Costa Rica or bonding with your couch, we all need downtime. All Gurus get four weeks paid time off, 10 sick days, and enough holiday to make a banker blush.
- Let's get lunch. Lunches are catered three times per week, and our kitchen stays stocked with a smorgasbord of the team’s most requested snacks and drinks.
- Parking is on us. We have your Downtown parking covered. We offer paid garage parking nearby the office. We also have perks for going green by walking and taking public transit.
- We’ve got you covered. We offer insurance plans that pay for 100% of your medical, dental, and vision, and 80% for your family/dependents.
- Gender-neutral paid parental leave. Expanding your family? We offer 12 weeks of gender-neutral paid parental leave, and reimburse up to $10,000 for eligible adoption expenses.
- $1,000 continuing education budget. All Gurus get $250 a quarter to spend on personal development, and 2 hours each week reserved for learning something new.
Applying for a job can feel intimidating and like a full-time job of its own. You shouldn’t have to burn through a week of sick time or all your best out-of-office excuses just to put feelers out for a new career opportunity. We want to be as transparent about the process as possible to help ease your mind. It’s our goal to provide you a fair, efficient interviewing experience that respects you and your time — and to do it all with a sidecar of delight.
Once you submit an application, we’ll review it. If you’re a good fit, you’ll have an initial chat with a recruiter over the phone. A phone interview with a manager typically follows. Depending on your role, you might then be asked to do a little homework (but nothing too time consuming). Then we’ll schedule a Zoom call to meet other members of the team, answer any questions you have, and give you a feel for what it’s really like to work at ACG. If you're on the fence, just give it a try.
Keep being awesome, Cloud Gurus.