Customer Marketing Manager
Customer Marketing Manager
Location: Austin, TX
OutboundEngine is looking for a Customer Marketing Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for customer advocacy programs and developing marketing strategies to support lifecycle, onboarding, activation, and retention for our 10,000+ customers.
OutboundEngine is one of the fastest growing tech startup companies in the nation, ranked number 95 by Inc. Magazine. We are based out of Austin, Texas, where we have been named a "Best Place to Work" winner for the last four years by the Austin Business Journal. Since 2012, OutboundEngine has helped over 10,000+ business owners market themselves by doing it for them. We create original content for our clients, automate their email campaigns, update their social media profiles, surface their best leads and ultimately help them drive repeat and referral business.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Implement and lead a scalable and effective customer advocacy program including managing and coordinating customer referrals and case studies along with pinpointing new ideal success stories for customer content.
- Run OutboundEngines’s customer review program to drive customers to review sites like BBB, G2 Crowd, TrustRadius, Capterra, etc.
- Work closely with sales and product marketing to identify new customer content needs and help fulfill them.
- Also work closely with sales and customer success to identify potential customer participants in case studies, joint press releases, webinars, etc.
- Manage biannual customer satisfaction surveys and on-going NPS program to drive change throughout the organization
- Act as “Voice of the Customer” and provide product feedback gathered from customers to Management Team, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Customer Success.
- Develop marketing strategies to support lifecycle, onboarding, activation, upsell and retention programs.
- Create and develop customer messages (email, in-app messaging, push notifications etc.) collaborating with internal and creative agency designers and copywriters as needed, while adhering to brand guidelines and messaging standards.
- Utilize customer list management skills for A/B testing, segmenting, and the development of opportunities to discover best marketing practices within each customer segment.
- Work closely with analytics teams to identify the key drivers of engagement and churn and identify actionable insights from customer data to continually improve CRM efforts.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A job where you can take ownership of your work and feel free to be yourself
- The opportunity to feel good about helping SMBs win
- Competitive compensation with 401(k)
- 100% paid employee health insurance, plus dental, vision and life insurance
- Generous paid time off, plus the last two weeks of the year off
- Fun, energetic and casual downtown office loaded with snacks and drinks
- Paid downtown parking or monthly metro pass
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BA/BS degree in Marketing, Communications, or a related field. MBA is a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in customer advocacy, customer marketing, or a related marketing or customer success role with a preference for B2B SMB experience
- 2+ years running marketing programs to drive demand or engagement
- 1+ years of experience partnering with a sales or support team
- Experience working with a high-velocity marketing team: you should thrive in a rapidly changing environment with regular releases to support
- Track record of consistent engagement with customers and the market to understand our customers and competitors
- A problem solver: you apply logic, creativity and persistence to find solutions
- A strong communicator: you combine words and visuals to tell a compelling story
- You have strong project management skills, are able to manage expectations, and can work cross-functionally to deliver projects within scope and budget
- You are detail-oriented and process-driven and rely on data to make decisions
- Positive attitude and flexibility to meet the ever-changing needs of a fast-growing startup
- Working knowledge of HTML is a plus