Customer Marketing Specialist
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast-growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
This role supports a key marketing initiative with company-wide visibility and influence. Rooted within the global experiential marketing function, this role has the responsibility to lead, in a collaborative and team-oriented manner, the holistic experience for the BigCommerce customer, with long-term visibility from initial contact as a prospect, through the initial buying journey and ongoing product adoption and growth.
This marketer is passionate about understanding our customers and committed to successfully driving customer engagement, retention, and growth to help meet goals.
The position reports to the Director of Marketing.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute scalable cross-sell marketing efforts to meet or exceed customer growth revenue targets
- Develop and execute scalable technology partner program marketing efforts to meet or exceed customer growth revenue targets
- Execute marketing programs to the base around product updates and changes including product announcements and new features
- Execute marketing programs designed at improving partner product adoption and retention, including content creation, outreach efforts and working closely with Business Development and Partner Marketing teams
- Execute marketing programs to target customers around Shipping, Payments and Omnichannel partner integrations
- Create and launch educational based marketing programs for customer base around partner products and solutions
- Partner with cross-functional teams including content, product marketing, and design functions to create compelling assets across the entire customer lifecycle
- Execute and/or refine plans for the install base to support merchant needs, retention and general merchant communication efforts - such as webinars and newsletter
- Institute mechanisms for tracking and reporting on renting and growth as a result of marketing communications
- Work closely with Customer Marketing Manager, cross-sell team, product marketing team, partner marketing team, business development, support and sales organizations to ident
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis on communications, marketing, business, or English preferred 3+ years of Marketing, customer management, or sales related experience (B2B a huge plus), or recent MBA graduate
- Experience engaging with customers, driving customer engagement, growth and/or advocacy efforts
- Experience marketing for SaaS technology and/or apps is a plus
- Strong communication skills and comfort working closely with cross-functional stakeholders and customers
- Previous experience writing short-form and/or long-form content a plus
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that. Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings