Demand Planning Analyst at Literati
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:15 p.m. (CST) on Wednesday, June 10, 2020
The Demand Planning Analyst will be responsible for developing a demand forecast, assist in supply planning model through the analysis of trends, historical demand, customer input, keep rates, churn and etc.. Through close collaboration with Marketing, Finance, BI and Operations, this position will develop a demand forecast and inventory replenishment model that drives the acquisition of inventory, improves inventory KPIs and delivers optimal customer service levels. The successful candidate will be resilient to the constantly changing demands of a fast-growing start-up.
What You'll Do...
- Develop and execute product demand plans to meet organizational goals.
- Process and analyze sales, product attributes, and user data for feature engineering that would improve model performance.
- Find creative ways to reduce MAPE, etc.
- Provide support in developing seasonal demand forecasts and anticipate customers reactions to the marketing and growth
- Assist in Supply Planning models for inventory purchases and execution.
- Monitor Sales signals, inventory and capacity planning for risk Maintain demand plan to ensure cost-effectiveness and to meet customer demands
- Assist in risk assessment and mitigation activities.
- Mentor and train other Planners as needed.
- Address demand related queries and issues in a timely manner.
- Identify opportunities to meet customer demands during constrained supply.
- Maintain demand planning processes and systems to improve forecasting accuracyBuild theoretical models as needed to drive growth and profitability
Who You Are...
- We are a massively growing startup; must be able to work with ambiguity and fast changes. Week over Week, Day over Day
- Someone enjoys processes that are nonexistent or weakly developed and build or improve them quickly from scratch.
- Hunger for data accuracy analytics with a desire to create perfect models.
- Flexibility to work across different software sets, Looker, Excel, SQL and etc.
What You'll Need...
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Logistics, Finance, Supply Chain, or related field preferred and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- Background demand forecasting for eCommerce companies with overseas suppliers.
- Experience planning within reverse logistics, as well as prior experience and/or knowledge of major forecasting systems/software preferred.
- Supply Chain or Demand Planning with subscription box services.
- Business Certifications and/or training are preferred.
- Appropriate certifications are: APICS, CSCP/CPIM, and Six Sigma.
Literati is dedicated to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. We believe in the power of literature as a transformative form of technology that helps us see, and reflect upon, our common humanity. A great workplace should do the same—see, reflect, and celebrate the experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and talent of a diverse array of people. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that all potential candidates can bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, gender identity and expression, nationality, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, religion, neurological and physical ability, sexual orientation, and beliefs.
Read Full Job Description