Digital Marketing Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2022 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager. At BigCommerce, you’ll have the opportunity to positively influence the trajectory of a billion dollar company in a trillion dollar industry. You have a proven track record of consistently exceeding goals driving leads and revenue growth through competitive and impactful Paid Social efforts. This role will allow you to work across the entire marketing group; including the Digital, Product, Automation, Creative and Content teams.
The Digital Marketing Manager position is an opportunity to join an energetic and growing organization as an integral part of our digital marketing team. You will develop and execute SEM strategy, manage multi-channel at large scale, implement SEM campaigns and drive SEM innovations, optimization and improvement for growing SEM performance and efficiency. The preferable candidate possesses a passion for digital and search engine marketing, with strong analytical skills, impeccable attention to detail and mastery of online marketing tactics. Extensive experience in the B2B space is desired and experience in multiple market segments is a plusWhat You’ll Do
- Management of Digital Agency overseeing SEM/Display/Social Tactics
- Reporting: Work with agency to generate reports, analysis and recommendations for key stakeholders across the business, including broader marketing organization and executive management. Must feel comfortable presenting said reports.
- Analytics: Ability to interpret campaign trends and monitor key performance indicators, With a focus on multi-channel digital marketing attribution methodologies and tooling
- Develop integrated digital marketing strategies and work with the agency to execute tactics that will expand program traffic, leads and revenue while meeting/exceeding efficiency goals, driving revenue growth.
- Monitor and adjust campaigns to ensure healthy KPIs: CPL, Cost Per Click, Quality Scores, Click Thru Rate, Conversion Rate, LTV & Revenue.
- Manage multi-million dollar digital marketing budget, including tracking spend across all campaigns and channels. Work closely with internal stakeholders to advise on budget allocations to maximize performance and efficiency.
- Work closely with Conversion Rate Optimization, web and product marketing team to analyze full digital funnel performance, identifying opportunities to increase conversion rate, lead volume, improve lead quality and reduce cost per lead.
- Collaborate with the SEO team to best utilize keyword research, ranking trends and keyword search volume data to effectively test and expand campaigns and keywords, build negative keyword lists and expand programs.
- Test, test and then test some more. Ongoing audience, geographical, behavioral and creative tests will be a priority and a part of a consistent and structured testing schedule.
- Forward thinking and experimenting with the latest algorithm changes and beta-testing opportunities
- Offline Conversions & Backend Data: Utilize and incorporate data and events occurring outside the digital platforms and utilize to build audiences and influence campaign decisions.
- Resources & Tooling: Identify, recommend and manage third party vendors, agencies and tools as needed for execution, reporting, optimization, and growth.
- Expertise: Keep up to date with industry trends, research industry related media, and paid digital best practices
Who You Are
- 5+ years related professional experience, including:
- 3+ years of tactical experience
- 3+ years of experience working with Google Analytics (or similar web analytics platform) - Google Analytics 360 experience a PLUS!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or Advertising preferred
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Analytical - Superior analytical skills and well versed in the use of data, content, and technology to influence consumer behavior - Excellent Excel skills are crucial (pivot tables, vlookup, and formulas should excite you).
- Data Driven Decision Maker - You are an organized, data-driven and detail and goal oriented believer in building great systems and process, have strong business acumen, prioritize effectively, consistently make good decisions, and creatively solve complex problems.
- Driven - Extremely proactive and results-oriented, looking to make improvements and drive change in a fast-paced environment while being under tight deadlines.
- Strategic - You thrive on challenges, are agile, possess a great deal of perspective and have a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Agile - You can easily prioritize multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, have a sense of urgency, and are capable of thoughtful yet rapid adaptation in response to changes in internal and external conditions. You’re able to seamlessly balance strategic initiatives and “Keeping the Lights On” (KTLO) activities.
- Master Communicator - Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to flex your style to relate sophisticated concepts to an entry level employee or C-suite executive as needed.
- Personable - You are a high energy professional with a resiliently positive attitude and deep personal confidence that exudes a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Courageous and Ethical - You possess professional courage, steadfastly persevere through challenges, are ambitious while humble, have high standards for ethics and integrity, and do the right things the right way.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.