OJO envisions a world where everyone has what they need to own a home. We know that homeownership is one of life’s most complex decisions and access to trusted advice and expertise can be the difference-maker. Through the fusion of machine intelligence and human expertise, we meet people wherever they are in their home journey to provide deeply personalized guidance and support.
Our intuitive technology learns each individual’s needs and preferences to provide a tailored experience whether they’re buying, selling, or managing their home as an asset. We then help them to move forward when the time’s right — with support, knowledge, and confidence.
From our network of top-rated agents we’ll match homebuyers and sellers with the expert who can best support their specific journey. We introduce agents and loan officers to consumers at just the right time, and underpin the connection with tools and insights to ensure a best-in-class experience.
As part of our team, you’ll help create the experiences that help level the playing field in real estate, so that all people — regardless of race, class, or gender — can experience the gateway to wealth and the security that home provides.
As our Director of Brand and Media you’ll be responsible for all facets of our brand including Brand Strategy and Media. You’ll play a critical role in driving the sustained and future growth of OJO Labs.
We are looking for a strategic, business-minded leader who thrives in a hands-on environment. This is a highly cross-functional role that requires close partnerships with Product Marketing, Product, Insights, Strategic Finance, PR, and Creative and leads on our media agency partnership. We are excited to add your fresh perspective, deep domain expertise, and firsthand experience leading and scaling a high-growth business preparing for its first major brand push.
This role is two-pronged and includes leadership on both Brand Strategy and Media where you will:Raise the bar on our brand efforts by leading brand strategy, positioning, identity, brand architecture, and branding centric initiatives including naming, campaign, communications, and messagingStand up a media strategy function, identify and manage agency partner, and collaborate closely with product marketing and their external agencies as well as in-house creative on campaigns
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute a brand marketing strategy that aligns with business objectives and is implemented across all marketing channels (paid, owned, and earned)
- Steward and evolve the brand strategy, architecture, and messaging to maximize awareness and consideration
- Partner with our In House Creative team to evolve and implement a refreshed brand identity that is differentiated and beautiful
- Partner with product marketing to ensure campaigns and content are imbued with our brand and help ready the world for successful homeownership
- Evangelize the brand to ensure it lands with all audiences -- consumer, partner, provider - as measurable by brand health metrics, brand consistency, brand equity, and customer journey
- Identify and manage brand partnerships including collaborations, press, and eventsBuild and lead our first strategic media function (excluding traffic) aligned with brand and engagement goals
Who You Are:
- An inspired and inspirational leader ready to give wings to OJO purpose of readying the world for successful homeownership
- A proven operator with at least 10+ years of experience as a marketing leader in a high growth environment - at an advertising agency, brand agency, research company, and/or on the client-side
- A strong storyteller with the ability to craft a compelling narrative that can motivate and inspire customers and teams.
- Able to inspire through live presentations, written communication, and visual media
- Can communicate complex topics simply
- Cross-functional leader and team player who can understand requirements from across various functions and work together to reach a team goal
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial; ability to deal in ambiguity and find innovative solutions
- Dynamic leader who can manage, inspire and mobilize a team of direct and cross-functional leads along with key agency partners
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, advertising, or related discipline required. Graduate degree preferred
What do we have to offer?
● You get to work with the best of the best
● A collaborative, respectful environment where your voice will always be heard
● Competitive Salaries
● Unlimited/Open PTO Policy
● Dog-Friendly Workplace
● Commuter Stipend or Free Parking
● Optimum Workspace Subsidy
● 70% Coverage of Employee and Dependent Health Premiums
● Promote from Within Philosophy
● Volunteer Program
● Many More – We have a whole team dedicated to making OJO an awesome place to work!
With offices all over the world, our award-winning work environments blend meaningful impact and employee satisfaction. We have offices in Austin, Texas; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Mateo, California; Chicago, Illinois; Toronto, Ontario; and Vieux Fort, St. Lucia.
OJO has received multiple workplace awards, including Fortune Best Workplaces in Technology, Inc. Best Workplaces, and Austin Business Journal’s Best Places to Work. Every person at OJO has a significant impact on our evolving product, team, and culture, which is why we hire the best technical, creative, and operational minds.
Virtual Life at OJO
At OJO, we care and listen deeply to the needs of our team to ensure they are comfortable and have the necessary tools to be productive while working from home during the pandemic. We strive to allow a balance and separation between home and work life, and provide support and a flexible working schedule so that employees are able to focus on what’s important to them. The leadership team at OJO has decided that we will work from home indefinitely. As safety allows, offices will open and employees will have the option of accessing them to work. We will continue to monitor and respond to COVID-19 proactively, while adhering to safety precautions provided by medical leadership.
OJO is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law.