RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.” The Marketing team at RigUp is responsible for bringing this north star to life through authentic and aspirational initiatives across a wide array of customer types and stakeholders. This team also creates and drives a portfolio of one-to-many programs to drive acquisition, engagement, and retention among platform users.
RigUp is hiring Director Brand Strategy & Insights, to be one of the key thought leaders leaders in Marketing, leading the brand and content team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced Brand Marketer to lead initiatives on brand insights, strategy, and campaigns. The ideal candidate will have at least 7-10 years of experience and a proven track record of developing and commissioning research and creating data-driven brand strategies that drive both short term engagement and long term brand metrics. They will think creatively and analytically, provide cross-functional leadership within a growing team, and work collaboratively across the organization. Additionally, this candidate must be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with a "roll up your sleeves" attitude and entrepreneurial spirit.
What you’ll be doing:
- Execute / commission and analyze research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic), collaborating with internal research teams as well as working with external specialists to gain key customer insights and benchmark brand awareness
- Provide quantitative (data) and qualitative (trend) research to influence assortments and promotional strategies
- Analyze Cultural, Technological and Market trends to inform strategic and creative development
- Develop sharply focused brand strategy and architecture
- Develop and deliver inspiring creative briefs
- Deliver campaigns, SEO and social media initiatives that drive user engagement and help them move further down the funnel
- Stay up to date on best practices in organic content marketing, including SEO, social media, and other channels
What you should have:
- 7-10 years experience in brand strategy, campaigns, and insights
- Hands-on experience both direct executing and commissioning external research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic), running analyses, and formulating well-reasoned recommendations
- Hands-on experience conceptualizing, planning, and executing bold and effective omni-channel brand campaigns
- Experience collaborating with Public Relations
- Experience managing a high-performing team
- Strong understanding of social media marketing, with an emphasis on Facebook
- Comfort with startup speed and ambiguity
- Insatiable curiosity about the Future of Work, the energy industry, and the high skill blue collar workforce
- Collaborative instincts and team-first attitude
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Daily catered meals
- Competitive commuter benefits
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
- Career development opportunities + partial reimbursement for ongoing education
- $2,000 vacation stipend on your 3 year anniversary
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description