RigUp is changing the way work is done in the energy industry. Each one of our teams exists to move us closer to our north star -- “to empower the people who power the world.”
We’re looking for a Director of Brand who is part strategist, part creator and part storyteller. This role will be working to launch the RigUp brand both externally and internally - working across marketing, product marketing, talent, product and sales to bring the RigUp brand and story to life. The Director of Brand will also be responsible for tracking brand performance, identifying new areas of investment and managing creative partners across RigUp.
The ideal candidate has worked directly on a consumer brand launch and knows the steps in getting it done. He/she should also have experience in tying brand efforts back to clear business results and framing recommendations that are tied back to metrics.
The right candidate should feel comfortable collaborating with teams across the business to define, plan, execute, and measure brand programs. You’ll work with a self-directed and tenacious team to drive the growth of RigUp’s business. On top of your branding chops, you’re also super organized and have a positive, get-it-done attitude.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead defining the brand for RigUp: Work with internal and external partners to define sharply focused brand strategy and architecture.
- Identify and manage brand and creative partners: Lead RFP for identifying creative agencies and needs for capabilities. Manage creative partners and execution across RigUp.
- Execute/commission and analyze research: Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external specialists to gain key customer insights and benchmark brand awareness through qualitative, quantitative and ethnographic studies.
- Deliver campaigns: Develop system wide campaigns, from ideation to full launch. Manage the brand marketing calendar including promotions, marketing plan creation and rollout.
- Drive brand collaboration: Work with teams across the business including marketing, public relations, sales, product and talent to bring the RigUp brand to life.
- Lead and coordinate communication: Plan communication for new brand launches and collaborate closely with teams to drive results.
What you should have:
- 7+ years of brand expertise working directly on brand launches
- Deep understanding of brand measures and ability to track brand performance over time Hands-on experience both directly executing and commissioning external research (qualitative, quantitative, ethnographic), running analyses, and formulating well-reasoned recommendations
- Hands-on experience conceptualizing, planning, and executing bold and effective omni-channel brand campaigns Experience collaborating with Public Relations
- Strong understanding of social media marketing
- Courageous, discerning, curious and agile - believes there are always better ways to get things done
- Scrappy when needed and calm in the face of chaos/unexpected curveballs 9+ years of experience in Marketing, Communications, or similar field
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Flexible PTO policy
- 401k Program with 4% match
- Fully paid employee health insurance for employee
- Open office space in the heart of downtown Austin
RigUp is a technology company that's building a platform to better support the energy workforce. Through the industry’s largest marketplace, we’re improving the lives of contractors and helping service providers and operators find the people who will get the job done. Headquartered in Austin, TX, and backed by a16z, Founder’s Fund, Quantum Energy Partners, and Silicon Valley Bank, we’ve raised $423.8 Million in funding to support our mission to change the way work is done in the energy field.
Our goal is to make RigUp an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships. We’d love to learn what you can add to our team!
Read Full Job Description