Director of Communications at Bestow
- Create and execute annual communication plan to drive strategic brand goals.
- Developed and implement media relations strategy and plan, seeking high level placements in print, broadcast and online media with goal to elevate the brand awareness in the marketplace.
- Create an innovative, powerful earned media strategy: developing tailored pitches, hyper-targeting media contacts, media outreach and placement of stories.
- Create press materials: brand messaging, customized pitches, press releases, media training/briefing books
- Strengthen overall knowledge of our product, internally and externally - convey brand messages accurately and articulately to media, consumers, influencers, suppliers, partners and colleagues.
- Develop and enhance influencer relations for new exposure areas in the insurance and financial industry, and other select passion areas.
- Create captivating brand narratives and series of soundbites
- Work closely with brand and strategy team to develop messaging regarding the mission-driven nature of our company, to enhance the reputation of our brand.
- Identify thought-leadership opportunities inclusive of leadership speaking opportunities and op-eds.
- Develop KPIs and ensure measurement tactics in place to quantify exposure.
A Little About You
- Solid, 5+ year-specialist PR experience (from a PR/Communications agency or client-side Communications role).
- Proven expertise developing a breakthrough PR programs inclusive of earned, paid and owned media strategies to build brand awareness and allure.
- Proven track record of A-level media results and established network of media relationships (local and national).
- An energetic, self-starter; works independently, and is able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Awareness of latest trends, cultural happenings and lifestyle fields.
- A gifted writer and communicator with a flair for compelling stories that command attention.
- Knowledge of key influences and influencers in the digital and social media space.
- A deft negotiator with major writers, editors and producers during the pitch, engagement and fact-checking process.
- Bachelors Degree in Communications, or related field.
What We Can Offer to You
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities