Director of Customer Marketing and Ecommerce Merchandising at Kendra Scott
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Director, Customer Marketing and Ecommerce Merchandising is responsible for the development and execution of a customer segmentation strategy across channels and for the management of key aspects of the Ecommerce business including content strategy, promotional campaigns, and select marketing channels (including email, mobile messaging, refer-a-friend). This job will be responsible to deliver revenue targets across key channels. Reports to VP of Ecommerce.
• Lead and manage the Site Marketing and Merchandising team, which is responsible for the on-going merchandising and content strategy on the website and the execution of select marketing channels (including email, mobile messaging, refer-a-friend and SEO)
• Build teamwork among the Ecommerce staff. Monitor and evaluate the performance and contributions in attaining business goals and objectives of direct reports and provide feedback and development opportunities as appropriate.
• Serve as key cross-functional leader on projects that span multiple business functions, including Color Bar Taskforce, 12 Days of Joy, Student Discount, etc.
• Improve customer experience and site merchandising
• Establish and drive a merchandising strategy for a premium apparel brand with a product assortment that maximizes revenues and EBITDA. This includes planning, product imagery, promotions, cross selling/upselling, product copy, etc.
• Deliver an optimal customer experience that will drive sales on www.kendrascott.com (desktop, mobile and tablet) based on quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• Prepare and execute online promotion and content calendar for each season, including messaging for web store, email marketing and digital marketing.
• Identify and act on opportunities for new technologies and process improvements
• Develop and execute Customer Segmentation Strategy
• Identify key customer segments and determine how to best target those segments using available data sources
• Develop and execute on segmentation strategy and work to extend strategies across additional channels (digital marketing, stores)
• Analyze and report on trends
• Monitor performance across channels and drive any necessary changes to meet or exceed targets.
• Monitor competitive websites, industry trends and new technology and digital services ensuring that the brand is staying on the forefront of industry standards.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• 10+ years’ experience working in site merchandising and email marketing for a high-growth company
• A proven ability to define and achieve departmental objectives, strategies and develop plans with achievable timelines
• A solutions-oriented mentality with a data driven approach
• A proven ability to be customer-focused
• A growth mindset: track record of leveraging past learnings, encouraging new ideas and smart risk taking in self and others
• Strong communication skills with a proven ability to build cross functional partnerships to make effective decisions collaboratively
• Strong executive presence with ability to compel and inspire internal and external audiences
• High commitment to employee growth and development: empowers team and defines success as having a significant impact on other’s careers
• A shared appreciation for our 3 core values of Family, Fashion and Philanthropy