Modernize is seeking a proactive leader with strong marketing skills to join our passionate team as Director of Demand Generation. This role is designed for a candidate who has an excellent track record of executing, delivering, and owning results. Our ideal Director of Demand Generation is a master of marketing automation systems with a love of learning new skills. As director, you will develop and iterate on innovative B2B marketing campaigns, spanning multiple channels. These strategic efforts will help optimize our website for organic search rankings, as well as improve conversion rates.
Who you are:
- You are driven, results-oriented, and a self-starter. You listen and analyze both the customer and the data. You enjoy diving into the numbers to test, learn, and optimize campaigns.
- You have successfully owned and developed B2B marketing programs to accelerate company growth.
- You have managed and developed teams, which have been core to your prior success.
- You have created and grown distribution across channels, not just owned channels, through optimization and marketing automation.
In this role, you will:
- Define the overall Modernize demand generation strategy, marketing mix, and investments aligned with the goals of the organization
- Drive the strategy, execution, and optimization of multi-channel digital marketing programs to expand our marketing reach, increase website traffic, and inbound leads from Modernize’s target customers
- Leverage marketing automation (Eloqua) and lead management tools to streamline, automate and measure all marketing tasks and workflows
- Work closely with our sales team to build a targeted account list and ideal customer profile, using data-driven insights
- Develop and orchestrate the execution of the ABM program plan— with highly personalized activities developed with sales, to marketing-led activities driven by the demand gen team
- Oversee the full lifecycle of marketing with our customers, from pre-opportunity to close and post-sales to achieve company ARR objectives
- Work alongside Modernize’s marketing (B2C) team to align the creative and messaging of landing pages, ads, emails, and other digital assets
- Develop and constantly iterate on a testing plan designed to identify incremental campaign improvements - Establish and track KPIs and leading indicators as part of these campaigns
- Directly lead four teammates, and continue to grow this team responsible for execution of email marketing, search, referral, display, partner and event marketing, and other demand generation channels.
What you will need:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience creating, executing, and leading demand generation in the B2B industry
- Strategic, creative, and analytical skills to build creative marketing campaigns that have a measurable impact on our pipeline
- An expertise across a breadth of tactics with the ability to set priorities across display/digital advertising, email marketing, SEM, SEO, content syndication, direct mail, tradeshows/events, and more.
- To be extremely data-driven, with a firm grasp on key metrics and performance indicators
- Extensive marketing automation platform experience including sales management and CRM (Salesforce) integration.
- A demonstrated track record of working with cross-functional teams to achieve revenue and retention goals, taking a team-first approach.
- The ability to work collaboratively across sales, marketing, and operations teams to achieve success
Modernize is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.