Director, Digital Marketing (Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
We are seeking a world-class Director of Digital Marketing with a history of winning in B2B SaaS across SMBs, mid-market, and enterprise segments, and a proven track record of consistently exceeding your goals in driving net new MRR and customer growth.
The Director of Digital Marketing is a senior, strategic role that leads our global paid digital marketing channels, including SEM, display, programmatic, paid social, affiliate, and influencer marketing. We are seeking an experienced, hands-on, strategic digital marketing leader to develop and guide our growing digital marketing team. The focus is primarily on the acquisition of new customers, although the role will naturally support other marketing initiatives requiring digital marketing expertise and execution. This role currently manages a team of four internal digital marketing professionals, plus external agency and vendor resources.
This is a remote position and the ideal candidate will reside in Austin, TX or any major city in the US.What You’ll Do:
- Develop and drive execution of multi-channel, cross-segment digital marketing strategies and programs that enable predictive spend and positive ROAS, meeting or exceeding digital revenue and LTV:CAC targets
- Oversee digital customer acquisition strategy and programs globally, including paid search, display, programmatic advertising, paid social, influencer, and affiliate
- Lead a team to create and manage campaigns and related budgets for all digital advertising platforms, including Adwords, Google Display Network, Bing, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter
- Manage digital agency of record to ensure best in class execution across Paid Digital strategies, including ensuring clear and timely agency communications, formalizing roles and responsibilities, and ensuring accurate reporting
- Work with the operations and analytics teams to determine and prioritize data views needed to optimize digital efforts and track results. Inform requirements for reporting infrastructure needed to enable full-funnel performance analysis and align investment decisions with MRR
- Accurately forecast channel performance and work closely with regional and business owners to manage the global digital marketing budget, including recommendations for budget allocation that best align to business goals and maximum ROAS
- Lead, inspire, manage, and mentor direct reports to maximize their individual potential and professional growth, as well as their ability to function effectively as a team
- Lead the day-to-day operations of the digital marketing team to ensure effectiveness, efficiency, and scalability while building a culture of accountability to consistently cross the finish line
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement; you and your team must be forward-thinking and always testing new opportunities
- Coordinate with SEO and Content managers to optimize SEM, SEO, and content strategies
- Collaborate closely with other functions, including Web, CRO, Demand Generation, Product, Customer Marketing and Sales to execute cross-functional initiatives in support of company objectives
- Utilize advanced audience targeting strategies and creative testing frameworks to improve response and ROAS
- Work closely with web and CRO teams to improve conversion rates at the top-of-the-funnel through paid customer acquisition
- Experienced, Technical Digital Marketing Leader with a proven track record of driving revenue growth and optimizing digital marketing initiatives, having 8+ years relevant experience with hands-on digital marketing and ecommerce experience, preferably for B2B SaaS or ecommerce, across a variety of channels including SEM, affiliate, display, and paid social with budgets over $5M
- An experienced people leader with 5+ years people management experience and a strong desire to and understanding of how to develop people in a supportive, accountable environment and inspire them to give 100% effort to perform at levels higher than they imagined they could achieve.
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business, Math, Accounting, Finance, or related field
- Experience with general B2B marketing SaaS solutions to small, mid-sized, and enterprise level businesses
- Ability to skillfully and confidently grow the digital function to support company revenue and growth goals.
- Experience creating multi-channel, multi-touch attribution infrastructure and leveraging that data to improve channel performance.
- Extensive experience with digital media planning and buying including use of programmatic buying, direct buying through Google Adwords, Bing, Google Display, Facebook, and other display networks.
- Deep familiarity with leading 3rd-party digital marketing execution platforms, agencies, content management providers, and digital analytics tools; including Google Analytics, CRM and marketing automation platforms, advertising platforms, and attribution tools
- Experience managing affiliate and influencer marketing efforts
- Comfort and experience successfully communicating across large and/or complex organizations including peers, business stakeholders and executive suite
- Experience successfully managing third party digital agencies to align to company strategy and goals and meet/exceed targets.