Director, Digital Marketing at Vista Consulting Group
Vista Consulting Group (VCG) is the dedicated consulting partner of Vista Equity Partners (www.vistaequitypartners.com), a leading global technology investor with over $46 billion in cumulative capital commitments. Our team of subject matter experts and consultants partner with market-leading software and technology companies to achieve lasting results by investing in the people, knowledge, and connections that have been proven to strengthen their success. Our insights from hundreds of software investments over nearly two decades create a deep and differentiated understanding of how a software company thrives. We work alongside management teams to develop exceptional talent, capture and enhance the knowledge of our companies, and cultivate meaningful relationships across our executive network. VCG is integral to Vista's investment philosophy and vision, offering management teams expertise, focus, and discipline to achieve their goals and advance their operational and growth strategies. Explore current and past Vista companies here: https://www.vistaequitypartners.com/companies/
Why Vista Consulting Group?
Vista's family of companies collectively represent the fourth-largest enterprise software company in the world. We invest in our people, with a relentless focus on talent. At VCG, you will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the world's most thoughtful, curious, and talented software executives, including several CEOs named among 2018's top 50 SaaS CEOs: https://thesaasreport.com/the-saas-reports-top-50-saas-ceos-of-2018/
Your role within VCG will strengthen your existing skills, grow and widen your capabilities, and offer you an unparalleled path for personal development and career growth. Do you aim to be the best in your field? Do you enjoy partnering with talented executives and collaborating on challenging business opportunities? Are you curious about how to make great businesses even better? Are you motivated by seeing others succeed? Join us.
What's Different About Vista?
Vista invests in the long-term, sustainable success of our portfolio companies, with the industry's largest dedicated consulting team. Today, Vista's consulting practice has a dedicated staff of over 130 employees, whose sole focus is advancing and partnering with our companies to help leaders and teams within Vista businesses implement proven best practices, sharpen skills, broaden their networks, and continually innovate in their markets. Because Vista only invests in enterprise software, data, and tech-enabled companies, we are in a unique position to scale our approach across the portfolio and to accelerate the growth of both our investments and our people across our global ecosystem of innovation.
We are looking for a Director of Digital Marketing to consult with marketing leaders at Vista portfolio companies to drive results via the adoption of innovative, modern digital strategies.
Vista companies are eager to engage customers, prospects, and stakeholders effectively in today's omni-channel world, so the role would focus on several areas across the digital domain, including: website optimization, search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), social media strategies, enhancing an "off domain" digital presence through online affiliates, mobile optimization, and analyzing the results via digital metrics.
This role sits within the Vista Consulting Group's Go-to-Market practice, and will include heavy collaboration across product experts, sales teams (as appropriate), and post-sales / customer organizations that can also reap the benefits of digital optimization.
The Director of Digital Marketing will also partner with demand generation to develop highly productive marketing engines – organizations that seamlessly integrate digital marketing techniques into buyer-centric campaigns to attract the right buyers and deliver an optimized buyer experience. Additionally, the Director of Digital Marketing will also be responsible for developing digital marketing best practices for Vista Consulting Group and developing (and maintaining) a digital marketing community across Vista family companies.
- Minimum of eight years' relevant business-to-business marketing experience, plus a minimum of four years of experience in digital marketing roles with a strong focus on analytics
- Minimum of two years Marketing Consulting experience
- Experience in web design and optimization for branding and demand creation objectives
- Experience with digital B2B demand generation programs with a focus on inbound marketing techniques and SEO/SEM
- Experience in web analytics and web optimization platforms
- Experience managing digital agency relationships
- Familiarity with Marketing Automation
- Proven track record of leadership and accelerated career trajectory
- Management experience and strong ability to understand marketing challenges, diagnose root cause issues and take a consultative approach to supporting plans that build the people and processes in marketing organizations.
- Strong performer in the marketing practice of a B2B marketing consulting, advisory, or an enablement firm is preferred.
- Education: MBA with a specialty in marketing is preferred but not required. Bachelor's Degree is required; Marketing, Business or Communications degree preferred.
- Willingness to travel (expected travel in this role is 45% of the time, steady-state)
- Austin, TX or Chicago, IL locations preferred
What we are looking for:
- A true passion and excitement for commercial improvement and go-to-market optimization
- A quick study, with a high level of intellectual curiosity and a continuous desire to learn and grow; someone who appreciates diversity of thought and new perspectives
- An exceptional communicator, in both written and oral presentations, who brings energy and clarity to their message, and is comfortable in a variety of formats (presenting to executive audiences, facilitating workshops, candid one-on-one C-level sessions)
- Strong desire to achieve and have lasting impact for Vista portfolio companies
- A demonstrated ability to execute and deliver positive outcomes
- An ability to engage and navigate multiple stakeholders and business partners, and lead teams through influence
- Able to work cross-functionally with Demand Generation, Product Marketing, Marketing Communications, and Marketing Operations, as well as functions outside of Marketing (notably Product, Sales, and Post-Sales teams)
- Flourishes while executing in a fast-paced, innovative, energizing environment
- A comfort in working with a variety of stakeholders in a highly matrixed organization
- Must possess excellent organizational skills with the ability to run multiple projects and meet deadlines