Director, Global Brand Strategy
HomeAway, a world leader in the vacation rental industry, is the place to book beach houses, cabins, and condos with more than two million places to stay in 190 countries. The site makes it easy to find and book the perfect vacation rental for any getaway, often for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. HomeAway is part of the Expedia Group family of brands.
The Director of Global Brand Strategy will have the unique opportunity to help lead the strategic development of the HomeAway brand, including efforts around brand architecture, brand positioning, brand migration and brand guidelines. Working in partnership with key partners, you will ensure that marketing priorities and cross-functional initiatives inform and align with the overall HomeAway brand communications and strategies, forming a more cohesive and thoughtful global brand. Further, you will ensure that these initiatives are evaluated against brand objectives and data while providing ongoing strategic insight and guidance to cross-functional teams. In short, you will help define the brand communications and strategies for one of the top travel brands in the world.
- Help own the global brand migration strategy, as we transition many global sub-brands into one.
- Commission and co-develop in-depth studies of our core segments to help inform more targeted communications
- Leverage HomeAway's and Expedia's data and insights to better inform brand excellence and build brand equity.
- Develop and advocate for a brand measurement strategy that helps inform the larger organization about brand impact and value.
- Develop an easy-to-use brand health dashboard and tie outcomes to business-impacting metrics.
- Support brand identity strategy and implementation, globally.
- Build win-win relationships with internal partners, working hand-in-hand with marketing to define development and execution of key marketing programs.
- Create alignment between global, local activation and channel marketing teams in the delivery of integrated programs that yield the highest business impact.
- Work effectively across all marketing and channel functions to drive the vision, strategy, and processes for key strategic initiatives to help HomeAway build brand equity across paid, owned and earned channels.
- Collaborate closely across the global organization to ensure every consumer strategy, message and experience is on brand, reflecting our quality and our values.
- Act as a brand evangelist, providing thought-leadership, encouragement and standard methodologies across the organization.
- 10+ years of brand strategy experience, on Fortune 100 brand(s). Special consideration given to those with global experience.
- 3+ years experience in a people/department management role.
- Experienced knowledge of all functional Marketing and Product departments, capabilities and service areas for an e-commerce, marketplace business.
- Fluency in general business, marketing and creative concepts and workflows with a talent for communicating these to a wide variety of partners.
- Inveterate relationship builder with a palpable love of collaboration.
- Adaptable to change and ability to bring both big and small ideas to life, quickly through ideation and collaboration that advance brand & business objectives.
- High-performance orientation with an appreciation for working smarter not harder.
- Proven, excellent presentation skills and story-telling ability.
- Ability to contribute to our happy, healthy team culture with a positive energy and optimism that encourages those around you. If we're not having fun, we're doing it wrong.
- Passion for travel, vacation rentals and HomeAway.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- This role is based on HomeAway's Austin HQ and requires both physical presence in Austin and regular travel to HomeAway's London office.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on HomeAway.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.