Director, Global Partner Product Marketing at Vrbo
Have you ever walked a mile in your business partner’s shoes? Do you have deep experience in marketplace and consumer research, segmentation, finding product/market fit and taking new products to market?
Are you motivated by making an impact? We have an exciting chance to create and shape the growing partner experience product marketing team at Vrbo, the team responsible for helping our partners be successful in our marketplace worldwide.What You'll Do:
As the Director of Global Product Marketing for Partners, you will bring new solutions, products and programs to market for Vrbo’s partners across the entirety of their lifecycle while leading a team. The goal? Successfully onboard new partners and deepen engagement, relevance, performance and happiness with our existing partners. You will lead, shape and bring product marketing to the next level by driving a deep understanding of our customer group and turn that insight into a significant impact for our customers and our business.
A Day in the Life:
- Building partner segmentation and personas - Using your expertise, you will be leading efforts to further understand our partners and drive partner audience segmentation and the personas that go along with them. You’ll utilize these insights and skills to drive product planning and marketing campaign prioritization.
- Craft Product Messaging and Positioning - Own and lead our value propositions to ensure our reasons to believe fit in with the overall company strategy. For new products and solutions, you’ll articulate the value proposition and key benefits to develop messaging that resonates with partners and drives them to take action.
- Develop and Execute go-to-market strategies: Build and successfully deliver the strategy to bring new products into the market. You’ll drive the introduction and partner with an interdepartmental team to ensure readiness, build programs, tests, and collateral to support your plan.
- Use data to make us get better every day: You’ll work closely with analytics teams to measure and understand the results of launches and campaigns. You’ll use this data and other inputs to find opportunities to improve adoption, engagement and education. You’ll study these opportunities and jump into action to build solutions to close the gaps.
- Leadership and Influence: You’ll lead all aspects of a team of 8+ and partner closely with marketing, product and other leaders across Vrbo and Expedia Group.
You're up for the task if you:
- Have a strong record of putting your customer first. Due to the ambitious and dynamic nature of our business, this is an opportunity that blends strategic and critical thinking paired with execution.
- Are adaptable and data driven
- Strongly motivated to chip in and make an impact
- Highly skilled at communicating and storytelling
- Passionate about both product and marketing
- A natural relationship builder who has success working around the globe with teams in product management, engineering, customer service, sales and marketing.
- 8+ years of product or product marketing experience, global B2B and B2C experience preferred
- 3+ years of leading teams who have direct reports themselves
- Thrives when balancing multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, with a strong bias for action
- Can strategize at a high level while leading teams to execute, though you are able to get into the weeds when necessary
- You are highly collaborative and are skilled at establishing and growing relationships while working across all levels of an organization
- Experience developing and driving new product launches and integrated marketing campaigns
- Have strong analytical and quantitative skills, with an ability to use the numbers to back up assumptions and evaluate results
- Excellent written and verbal storytelling and communication skills
- Can demonstrate a record of success in working through ambiguous situations
- Are inventive and a natural problem solver
- Has a bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility)
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares. If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo:
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of VRBO and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.