At Sips by, we make discovering tea fun, personalized, and affordable, delighting hundreds of thousands of tea drinkers every day through engaging content, a personalized tea subscription service, and a multi-brand ecommerce marketplace with a personalized shopping experience. We are a female-founded and -led startup experiencing rapid growth - in fact, we were recently named #79 on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies in the US.
About the Role
As Director of Lifecycle Marketing, you will define and drive execution of a lifecycle strategy that drives subscriber retention, engagement, and lifetime value. You will manage an email marketing manager and partner closely with the content, creative, and technical teams to develop, test, and optimize programs that engage and delight our members.
Here’s a bit more about what you’ll do:
- Define and drive the execution of Sips by’s lifecycle/CRM strategy, with the goals of driving subscriber retention/minimizing churn, increasing CLTV, converting members to subscribers, and driving ecommerce purchasing behavior among subscribers
- Conceptualize and drive the execution of the next evolution of Sips by’s loyalty/rewards program
- Manage and grow one direct report (email marketing manager), rolling up your sleeves and flexing into tactical execution as needed
- Own Sips by’s email strategy and identify opportunities to expand lifecycle/retention efforts into additional channels
- Provide thought leadership on all things lifecycle and drive cross-functional collaboration across marketing, technical, operations, and product teams
- Identify KPIs and benchmarks relevant to lifecycle/retention and implement weekly and monthly reporting
The ideal candidate for this role has demonstrated deep expertise in CRM marketing and lifecycle programs, ranging from customer onboarding, churn/win-back programs, new market and product launches, incrementality testing and experimentation frameworks.
You're rigorous about using data and insights to improve the customer experience across every stage of the lifecycle, working closely with teams across the business to make it happen. You thrive in entrepreneurial environments and are energized by opportunities to learn. You’re comfortable flexing between strategic thinking and tactical execution, and have experience managing a small team of direct reports.
- 8+ years of experience in relationship/lifecycle management, CRM, and/or digital retention marketing with a consistent track record of delivering measurable results
- 3+ years of experience working with subscription-based consumer brand
- Experience developing loyalty/rewards programs from the ground up
- Customer-centric mindset with experience using customer insights (qual and quant) to inform business strategy and day-to-day decision-making
- Strong analytical approach to understanding customer behavior and assessing opportunities, as well as understanding campaign performance and driving ongoing testing and optimization
- Experience designing and implementing A/B and multivariate tests
- Experience developing actionable creative briefs and providing constructive feedback on designs
- Expertise in bringing cross-functional stakeholders together to advance retention goals, and in helping other teams drive results through close collaboration with the lifecycle team
- Understanding of different attribution models and the benefits/drawbacks of each
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Klaviyo
- In-house experience in the direct-to-consumer/ecommerce space
- Experience with growth-stage startups
- Experience with Asana