Director of Marketing- Online Media
The home search starts online, but the real estate industry is often optimized for in-person, one-on-one service. That's a fantastic experience once you connect with the right professional, but finding the right fit isn't always a smooth process. Opcity built a nationwide real-time data and technology platform combining cutting edge deep learning, business analytics and human intuition with the latest web, mobile and digital telephony technologies to enable our team of professionals, and thousands of real estate agents and brokers, to make sure we connect every home buy with the right agent at the right time so more time is spent finding a home and less time finding the perfect agent.
The Director of Marketing - Online Media is a critical senior level position that reports directly to Executive Team Member, The Head of Marketing. For an organization that processes 850,000 online leads a month, this position will be responsible for overseeing performance media budgets, planning, strategy and accountability for our online media investment. This role will require significant experience managing complex online campaigns, interact with C-level executives internally, at agencies, lead generation, lead vendors and media platforms like Google and Facebook.
This is a highly cross-functional senior position will lead the development of our marketing programs to drive growth and revenue via paid channels. Additionally you will be responsible for strategy, planning, execution, accountability and overseeing online media spend in excess of $10M annually. Ideal candidates will have extensive experience creating and managing large and complex paid media and social campaigns internally, through agencies and lead vendors. You should also have worked on insourcing key aspects of marketing campaigns including everything from building new technologies to ramping up internal campaigns, creative and attribution reporting. Management responsibilities in hiring, growing and developing a team are key. This role will have responsibility for managing to the P+L through cost control, revenue creation, deep understanding of performance analytics and profitability.
Areas of Ownership
- Marketing Leadership - Develop in house expertise as it relates to marketing programs, technology decision and execution of campaigns to drive revenue
- Develop and Deploy - Partner with the engineering team to deploy a comprehensive lead generation and tracking model. This model will need to drive volume that supports our growth goals and is operated at positive margins.
- Deliver Data-Driven Insights - Develop reporting and analysis, creating KPI insight across your entire set of responsibilities
- In House Lead Delivery - Develop a comprehensive strategy to insource our lead generation efforts. Review existing efforts, evaluate what would be needed and drive a plan to generate enough leads to support the business
- Proactively Communicate - The core function of this role will be ensuring our lead portfolio growth is supported through managing internal campaigns, overseeing technology systems to monitor success, owning relationships with major online media resources, agencies, lead partners and vendors and hold them accountable for delivering on their commitments through regular, daily, value-add communication to strengthen relationships is the priority
- Demonstrate Commitment to Objectives - Own the processes necessary to deploy to completion essential new initiatives including onboarding new partners and campaigns with clarity on how to prioritize activities for maximum impact to business success
- Drive Lead Delivery - Proactively work with all internal and third party partners to increase lead delivery and profitability
- Identify and Mitigate Risk - Build deep knowledge of the product and the process in order to highlight risks and suggest alternative solutions to internal and external stakeholders.
- Document, Prioritize and Validate Needed Improvements - Partner with leadership to design processes for teams you support to operate with less friction, more speed and success.
- Set and Deliver on Clear Expectations - Manage communication of expectations for project goals to all internal stakeholders and document results.
- Leverage Technology to Increase Productivity and Scalability - Identify and execute on new strategic opportunities to automate, streamline and simplify the delivery of diverse role objectives.
The Ideal Profile
- Experience in scaled online media campaign management focused on lead generation at a senior level
- Experience managing online media budgets in excess of $10M annually - ideally in a field related to a major life purchase decision like real estate, auto, insurance, banking, home improvement or financial planning.
- Proven experience working in high-velocity, high-accountability environments with demonstrable success metrics and results - references required
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills, with attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Self-motivated with a bias towards taking action and problem-solving.
- Willingness to learn and be open to feedback and coaching combined with an intimate understanding of the nuance and evolving online media landscape
- A strong team player with a proven ability to work across multiple functions and teams with the ability to differentiate between the organizational priorities and where the most important value can be delivered
- Able to multitask, manage multiple concurrent projects, and work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Experience building a system, managing that system and developing a team to create leverage through leading others is essential.
Diversity is important to us, therefore, Opcity /Realtor.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Opcity/Realtor.com will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.
Read Full Job Description