At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the role:
The Head of Marketing Operations will be responsible for defining, optimizing and scaling Cloudflare’s global Demand Gen operations strategy, lead management process, and marketing automation platform infrastructure. This individual will provide leadership to an existing team, attract new talents, and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as regional acquisition & expansion marketing, product marketing, strategic events, sales development, and sales operations.
We’re looking for a seasoned leader who is equally comfortable strategizing the platform technical roadmap and campaign execution support model, while maintaining daily operational rigor and delivering impeccable services to internal stakeholders.
- Evolve the overall marketing operations strategy to support Cloudflare’s expanding global footprint and product offerings.
- Enable and optimize end-to-end multi-channel campaign launch workflow through planning, automation, test & learn, field training, and execution rigor. Own and communicate progress of key project & organizational goals
- Lead ongoing vendor relationship management, to ensure marketing automation and campaign orchestration platforms evolve and meet our current as well as future needs.
- Provide thought leadership, and advise sales & marketing leadership team on subjects such as lead management, attribution modeling, and segmentation strategy.
- Develop and maintain key relationships with culturally and geographically diverse marketers and cross-functional stakeholders with varied technical aptitude throughout the company.
- Attract, retain, and develop talents. Demonstrate commitment to Cloudflare’s mission and core values.
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- 12+ years of relevant operations and leadership experience at medium to large scale global technology companies, preferably with both B2B SaaS and B2C ecommerce business models.
- Exceptional leadership skills with demonstrated success in navigating complex business issues and technical environment, and proven ability to inspire and build relationships with all stakeholders.
- Hands-on experience in managing CRM platform and related marketing technology ecosystem, multi-channel marketing campaign execution at global scale, and distributed resources in a hybrid work environment.
- Deep domain expertise with integrated B2B marketing, lead & pipeline management, multi-touch attribution, email marketing, and system integration.
- Solid understanding of digital analytics, content management, e-commerce systems, and adtech ecosystem.
- BA/BS degree; Master degree in a technical field or business administration preferred.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
220.127.116.11: We released 18.104.22.168 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.