Director of Marketing Technology at Elastic
At Elastic, we have a simple goal: to pursue the world's data problems with products that delight and inspire. We help people around the world do extraordinary things with their data. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, our products are extending what's possible with data, delivering on the promise that good things come from connecting the dots. Often, what you can do with our products is only limited by what you can dream up. We believe that diversity drives our vibe. We unite employees across 40+ countries into one unified team, while the broader community spans across over 100 countries.
Elastic is growing quickly and the organization is evolving to support more complexity in offerings and go to market motions. In order to achieve results, we use a wide variety of programs that impact different areas of the sales funnel (from branding to pipeline acceleration). A heavy emphasis will be placed on curating existing Elastic Stack users into an engagement for opportunities.
We are looking for a Director of Marketing Technology to be the strategic owner for all Marketing related technology and leading a team that provides strategy, technology design, implementation, operations and support for the Marketing function. This position will collaborate with the CIO and CMO in implementing and supporting best-in-class marketing systems.
The right candidate has rich experience in marketing and sales technology, process definition and re-engineering, and wants to build a best in class internal marketing to sales engine. This leader will work cross-functionally to identify and understand Elastic internal marketing and sales tools, existing processes, and operations striving to optimize usage, adoption, and general stakeholder enablement. This person will work closely with sales to optimize the shared lead management process and ensure we can build upon the existing solid foundation. This position will deliver on the technology roadmap that supports the marketing objectives.Key Requirements:
- Act as a change agent, set the vision and plan for the future of Marketing Technology. Operationalize and execute on plan with excellence.
- Provide expertise and leverage industry best practices across digital technology components including Marketing Technology Solutions, Web, and CRM capabilities.
- Collaborate with Information Technology (IT), Web, Data Science, and Sales Operations teams to streamline processes and procedures and maximize integrations and operational effectiveness.
- Develop and manage a technology roadmap for our MarTech stack to ensure we are building an effective marketing technology ecosystem.
- Create and roll-out digital marketing solutions that solve customer pain points, generating greater business productivity and employee and customer satisfaction.
- Translate digital technology investments into direct and measurable business results.
- Manage vendor relationships related to Marketing Technology & retention for optimal productivity; negotiate technology contracts maximizing total cost of ownership (TCO); manage the Marketing Technology budget and resources in alignment with agreed-upon business KPIs.
- Excellent executive presence, communication, and presentation skills.
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & strong interpersonal skills.
- You will drive the strategy, roadmap, and execution of marketing technologies and business platform investment.
- You will use data and analytics to improve customer experience, innovation, and go-to-market processes.
- You will promote seamless and increased customer engagement in complex omni-channel customer journeys.
- You will develop a centralized Marketing Technology & Platform stack to serve as a durable, scalable competitive advantage.
- You will partner with IT leaders on operationalizing the marketing technology vision.
- You will maintain data within marketing systems with an eye towards growth, contact and account enrichment, data governance, and quality, and attention to data security and compliance with company policies and governmental regulations such as GDPR and CCPA.
- You will manage vendors within the marketing tech stack and negotiate contracts and renewals in collaboration with Legal, Finance, and Sourcing teams
- You will work with Elastic IT and Security teams to administer marketing systems within the Elastic technology environment.
- You will partner with Marketing team for planning, budgeting, and goal setting
- And much more!
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university; Master’s degree preferred. Course focus on engineering, computer science, marketing, or mathematics preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in marketing and technology space and managing Enterprise CRM and marketing automation platforms; including management over the full MarTech stack
- Experience leading digital marketing technology and execution specific to CRM and Digital marketing enablement
- Ability to manage cross-functional marketing and technology teams, advocate for MarTech and collaborate across the organization to create integrated solutions
- Deep knowledge base with hands-on experience with Enterprise CRM Platforms (Salesforce, Adobe, etc.), Marketo strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Customer Relationship Marketing (CRM) technical concepts and tools including relational databases, customer data integration, analytic modeling, campaign management and business intelligence systems.
- Excellent structured communication skills with the ability to frame complex digital marketing, CRM and technical concepts in a way that facilitates discussion and deeper levels of understanding at our clients. Ability to bridge marketing and technology personnel.
- Ability to work in matrix environment and to serve as individual and team contributor, leading projects, and initiatives
- A self-starting orientation within a fast-paced environment with an intense desire/drive to “make things happen”
- A track record of designing high-quality marketing technology solutions with the ability to craft an overall vision to guide the team; illustrate with case studies that may include wireframes, prototypes, and visual design artifacts
- Restless and optimistic; Driven by purpose, fueled by collaborative environments
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Global minimum of 16 weeks parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- An environment in which you can balance great work with a great life
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
- Distributed-first company with Elasticians in over 40 countries, spread across 18 time zones, and speaking over 30 languages!
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.