Director of Marketing
Skills Fund is on a mission to transform student lives and careers by providing access to tech bootcamps and skills training programs. We partner with schools that meet our high-quality standards and offer simple, transparent tuition financing to their students. With our school partners, we’ve helped over 10,000 students access life-changing programs and raised the bar for education quality and outcomes.
We’re looking for a customer-minded marketer who can exceed performance expectations and lead a dedicated marketing team. Our Director of Marketing will drive growth and customer acquisition by identifying highest-impact B2C or B2B2C channels and strategies, executing data-driven campaigns, and refining our message to borrowers at each step of their education and career change journey.
What is the opportunity?
This role is strategic and operational in nature. The Director of Marketing will quickly develop an understanding of our company, our products, and the education finance industry. You will then use that knowledge to develop, execute, measure, and improve our borrower acquisition and conversion campaigns across our channels.
You’ll have the autonomy to lead our overall marketing strategy, driving growth through B2C and B2B2C channels in close partnership with schools. Excellent collaboration and project management skills will be key.
This high impact position will be part of the management team with significant leadership responsibilities. We’re looking for a marketer who loves a challenge, has developed functional skills, and is ready for exponential professional opportunity and development.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Identifying, executing, and improving data-driven borrower acquisition and conversion opportunities, including demand generation, content marketing, website optimization, and relational marketing
- Managing and growing our marketing team, including recruiting, training, and developing team members
- Capturing, measuring, and interpreting marketing data
- Managing our marketing budget and prioritizing resources
- Driving brand development and cohesiveness
- Working cross-functionally within Skills Fund to define and clarify marketing opportunities, stakeholder feedback, market intelligence, competitive insights, and product development needs, which will inform strategic, financial, and operational planning
Experience and Skills:
- Five or more years in a B2C or B2B2C marketing role, at least one year leading a team
- Experience driving customer acquisition and conversion across many channels and at several customer lifecycle stages
- Ability to analyze, segment, and respond to complex data
- Proven track record of identifying and improving KPIs
- Excellent project management skills, ability to define and implement processes
- Experience in HubSpot or other customer marketing software
- Understanding of partner relationships and customer engagement in a B2B2C environment
- Functional knowledge of consumer finance a plus
What does it take to succeed?
A Learner’s Mindset: You should have a desire to learn, adapt, and grow in a rapidly changing start-up environment.
Passion for our Mission: You should care deeply about helping drive access to quality tech bootcamps and skills training programs.
Qualities: Energetic and passionate. Ability to inspire the best in others. Highly analytical, strategic thinker with exceptional ability to prioritize and focus on the highest value opportunities. Not intimidated by getting thrown into the deep end (or anything else for that matter).
Impact: You’re hungry to be a part of something bigger than yourself. You don’t work just to make money. You work to create significant impact and have extreme dedication to professional and personal growth. You’re looking for an opportunity to build a great career and take on responsibility way above what you would receive in other organizations.
Attitude: Relentless. Focused. Positive. Humble. Curious. Fun.