Director of Marketing at Smarter Sorting
Sorry, this job was removed at 12:49 p.m. (CST) on Saturday, June 13, 2020
Come work at Smarter Sorting!
About the Role
Smarter Sorting is seeking a Director of Marketing and Communications to fulfill a leadership role on the Sales and Marketing Team. This will be a pivotal role in the future of our company. We are looking for someone who can take the foundations we’ve built and create a world-class brand and outreach strategy to land top retailers and manufacturers.
A successful applicant will be able to articulate a strategy and understand the costs of running account based marketing campaigns targeting 300 individuals at roughly 50 target customers.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Responsible for proactively ensuring alignment with value propositions and branding are consistently met and conveyed through marketing efforts.
- Responsible for ensuring coherence between customer and investor messaging.
- Responsible for owning the entire account based digital marketing strategy, process, implementation, budget, and platform/subscription management.
- Responsible for fine tuning and reporting marketing KPIs on a weekly basis.
- Own marketing message and cohesion across audiencesInteract and drive communications with sales team, CEO, board and other internal stakeholders.
- Goals based individual who focuses more on completing projects than perfecting them.
- Own visual brand design for companyUnderstand our tech and market inside/out with the ability to lead every marketing/communications/creative processResponsible for deck creation and optimization, including visuals and design for internal and external use.
- Digital marketing process, including website optimizations SEO, landing page development, advertisements, inbound lead generation, and email marketing campaigns.
- Digital presence and branding alignment and reiteration.
- Content creation, including: White papers, blog posts, multi-platform ads, videos, infographics.
Your Experience + Skills
- 5+ years working in a marketing management/director role (tech startup environment a plus).
- No degree required, but BS/BA in marketing, communications, business administration, or a related field a plus.
- Proficiency in: Google Ad Words, Google Analytics, SEO Optimization, Inbound Lead Generation, Email Marketing, Website/Landing Page Optimization, LinkedIn Advertising.
- Experience with: Content Strategy and Creation, Video Creation, Graphic Design, UX/UI Optimization, Corporate Branding.
Your first month
- Become proficient with our market and our audiences.
- Manage existing digital marketing processes and tools.
- Integrate into our content and deck creation process.
Your first 3 months
- Begin implementing your own marketing plan that is indexed on carefully selected KPIs.
- Own internal and external messaging based on their continually growing knowledge of the regulatory space.
- Collaborate with sales/accounts to automate operations, ensure succinct messaging, and gain customer and prospect feedback to iterate on messaging and audience personas.
Your first 6 months
- Independently run the entire marketing program.
- Serve as a source of content and insight to the sales/biz dev team.
- Run content strategy, creation, and implementation, including all written and design elements.
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
Smarter Sorting is a purpose-driven company committed to advancing sustainability at every phase of the consumer product lifecycle. Our cutting-edge machine learning technology enables cost-effective, legally compliant decisions for all unsold products, and our process advances our partners’ zero-waste goals.
As a collective group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, and national account program managers, our passion for data-driven sustainability drives us toward a singular goal: to reduce waste through the salvation of unwanted items. Our goal is to minimize valuable product disposal and maximize sustainable alternatives such as donation, reuse, and recycling.
A healthy culture is key to our company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness. At Smarter Sorting: We do what it takes. We are driven to become experts. We are not jerks. We are real. We have grit. Our core values drive our culture and in turn, we achieve our vision.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
Read Full Job Description