Director of Marketing at Smarter Sorting
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:07 a.m. (CST) on Thursday, March 4, 2021
Come work at Smarter Sorting!
About the Role
Smarter Sorting is a fast-growing, purpose-driven retail tech company. We are looking for a hungry marketing manager to join the team. You can be based in Boulder, Colorado or Austin, Texas. You will take the lead running our web, social, content, email and other digital and traditional marketing efforts.
You will work with an incredibly smart (no pun intended) and inspiring team and join a company that was named as one of Austin’s “Best Places to Work, 2020”. You will report into our Chief Operating Officer and work closely with our sales, product and data team.
You will join a company that is going through a growth phase as well as investing in its marketing and sales efforts.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Provide senior leadership for all marketing efforts
- Develop marketing plans, budget, and KPIs that align with business goals
- Develop a content strategy that delivers strong SEO, demand generation, and lead generation
- Plan multi-channel marketing including PR, Social, Events, Webinars, and Partnerships
- Lead the implementation of marketing technology & automation to facilitate growth
- Lead the creative vision for the brand, building on Smarter Sorting’s new brand positioning and developing a distinct and differentiated brand
- Map out a go to market strategy that supports the company’s growth goals
- Design a strong content marketing strategy that drives demand, as well as nurturing leads and prospects
- Develop, run, and improve marketing automations to create engaging high-performing campaigns
- The development and progressive improvement of content marketing, including: White papers, research, blogs, ebooks, sales enablement, and email
- Hands on content creation when required
- Work closely with the leadership, product, and data teams to develop winning and differentiated product messaging
- Build and run a marketing budget
- The implementation and progressive improvement of marketing analytics to demonstrate ROI and inform future marketing efforts
- Nurture existing partner marketing relationships and grow new ones
- Oversee and manage third-party vendor relationships as needed
- Competitive intelligence to inform Smarter Sorting’s product development, customer success, and go to market planning
- You will be fluent in using marketing automation tools and CRM software. Smarter Sorting uses Hubspot and Salesforce.
- You will use these tools to increase the effectiveness of Smarter Sorting’s marketing.
- You will use Google analytics and SEM tools to analyze marketing performance.
Your Experience + Skills:
- 10+ years of marketing experience with significant experience in software/technology
- A combination of B2B tech and B2C experience is beneficial
- Experience in retail is an advantage
- Proven experience helping grow a small-to-midsize company
- Excellent strategic, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong writing skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including leadership, communication and teamwork
- Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- 5+ years experience using marketing automation software
- 3+ years experience using Salesforce or a similar CRM
- Proficiency in Powerpoint, Tableau, Microsoft Excel, and other common reporting interfaces
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to summarize complex concepts into understandable talk tracks
- Proven “roll up your sleeves and get it done” reputation in previous endeavors
- 4-year degree in Marketing, Business, or Communications with a high GPA
Your First Month:
- Map out the go to market strategy
- Build a marketing budget
- Draft an initial content marketing strategy
- Provide recommendations for marketing automation workflows using Hubspot
- Identify and gain alignment on KPIs for progressive improvement
- Put your creative and writing talents to use
Your First 3 Months:
- Execution of the go to market strategy
- Implement the content marketing strategy including: White paper, new blog content, email marketing, etc.
- The launch of an email marketing cadence to nurture leads and prospects
- Completion of short-term digital marketing projects including outstanding website needs and other ad hoc needs
- Build out a marketing dashboard of KPIs
Your First 6 Months:
- All of the above plus:
- Ongoing execution of high-performing content marketing
- Marketing automations in place that facilitate increased demand and lead gen
- Weekly cadence of email and social marketing
- Established reporting for weekly and monthly marketing KPIs
- Progressive improvement of the go to market strategy
- A fully-baked content strategy
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
At Smarter Sorting, we are transforming the world through Product Intelligence. Our mission is to create a smarter, more connected world by revealing the underlying chemical and physical truths, and possibilities, of consumer products.
We provide retailers and suppliers the critical data points they need to best manufacture, move, market, sell, and handle products throughout the supply chain. From sustainability to eCommerce to regulatory compliance and everything in between, Product Intelligence is delivered when and where it is needed. At our core, we believe that when you know more, you can do better - for business, for consumers, and for the planet.
We are a team of data geeks, circular economy nerds, and math and chemistry wizards. We live and breathe the mission and values of Smarter Sorting every day, and are excited to be a part of something that just might change the world.
Read Full Job Description