Director of New Platforms at Latinx Digital Media Startup (Full Time, Remote) at Accelerate Change
Role: Director of New Platforms (Full Time, Remote)
Reports to: Liz Alarcón, Founder and Director
Direct Reports: Instagram Manager, Facebook Ads Associate
Location: Full-time, 100% remote position (from home or co-working space) with occasional travel once every 2-3 months
Pulso is a Latinx-led social enterprise dedicated to raising up and keeping the pulse on nuestra gente. We build deep digital relationships with Latinx folks through their phones in order to transform civic engagement and build political power.
Pulso attracts and engages Latinx folks through our innovative Latinx history and news service, which is based on Facebook Messenger. With this daily relationship and by telling the stories that have shaped our community, Pulso connects U.S.-based Latinos/as/x with our history and encourages subscribers to take action on critical issues, register to vote, and to cast their votes on Election Day.
To see the digitally-based service we’re building, search for “Project Pulso” in the Facebook Messenger app. You can also learn more about our work at https://projectpulso.org/.
Pulso is a project of Accelerate Change (AC), a nonprofit media lab dedicated to catalyzing new scalable and sustainable digital media models for citizen engagement. See “The Secret of Scale” (http://bit.ly/2AsYhfP) for more on AC’s model for scalable citizen organizing read and see “The Promise of Lean Experimentation” (http://bit.ly/2Rtqv3z) for AC’s approach to experimentation using Lean Startup methodologies and other business strategies, both from the Stanford Social Innovation Review.
About the Position
We’re looking for an experienced digital marketer to lead the exploration of potential new platforms and channels for Pulso. As Director of New Platforms, you’ll also lead content on those new platforms, as well as oversee content on Instagram and Facebook Ads. This role would be a fit for someone who loves developing digital media content and exploring the latest digital channels, but equally enjoys A/B testing, experimentation, and data analysis. We are especially interested in solutions-oriented candidates who are comfortable working in a fast-paced start-up environment as we rapidly scale both our reach and our team.
As Pulso’s Director of New Platforms, here’s what you’ll do:
- • Investigate and explore the viability of potential new platforms and channels, including podcasts, Snapchat, and TikTok
- • Lead the content vertical on new platforms and channels as Pulso launches and scales its growth, in close collaboration with Pulso’s experiment team
- • Oversee the content vertical (content development and content experiments) on Instagram and Facebook Ads, in partnership with Pulso’s Founder and Director
- • Coach and mentor two direct reports, Pulso’s Instagram Manager and Facebook Ads Associate, and potentially additional new hires as we scale
- •In leading content development on the platforms listed above: Oversee your team’s creation of content and visuals to A/B test, including sourcing and researching content, writing copy, and finding and editing creative assets (photo, video, and audio)
- • In leading content experiments on the platforms listed above with Pulso’s experiment team: Rapidly execute A/B tests, analyze data, measure and report key metrics, and propose subsequent experiments using Lean Startup methodology
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who (required):
- • Has 5+ years of experience leading content for high-growth digital media platforms
- • Is proficient in designing A/B tests and conducting data analysis
- • Has experience as an effective and supportive manager
- • Is committed to advancing progressive social change
- • Understands the interests of and issues facing the U.S.-based Latinx community
We prefer someone who:
- • Has experience with audio/podcasts
- • Has experience leading content and growth strategy on least one of these platforms: Instagram, Facebook ads, Snapchat, or TikTok
- • Is highly entrepreneurial and thrives in a fast-paced, unstructured digital environment
- • Is eager to learn, iterate, pivot, and experiment along with the rest of the team
- • Is a team-player, and comfortable working remotely
- • Has a sense of humor!
- • $60,000-$70,000 salary range, depending on experience
- • Flexible work hours
- • Health care after 3 months, with individual premiums fully covered and cost-share for dependents
- • Need-based educational loan assistance after 3 months
- • 10 paid vacation days, 6 paid holidays, and 3 paid floating holidays each year
- • 5 fully paid sick days and 10 half-paid sick days each year
- • 401(k) plan after one year, with 100% employer match on the first 3% and 50% employer match on the next 2%
To apply please upload your resume and tell us more about your experience using this application form: http://bit.ly/2XRh92q.
Pulso is incubated by Accelerate Change; Accelerate Change is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that people of color, people from working class backgrounds, women, and LGBTQIA+ people must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities, or who are members of other marginalized communities.