Director of Performance Marketing at AppSumo
NOTE: Candidates must be US citizens/Permanent Residents located in NY, CA, WA or TX or be willing to relocateWho Is AppSumo
AppSumo is the tech powerhouse you’ve probably never heard of. We’ve helped launch MailChimp, Evernote, and Dropbox (to name a few) — over 1,500 startups have come through our doors and become household names in software. (Learn more about us here!)
Our motto? The tools you need to run your business shouldn’t put you out of business. And we are committed to bringing our community the absolute best deals on software. With thousands of successful product launches and over a million entrepreneurs served, we’re looking to take AppSumo to the next level.
That’s where you, the Director of Performance Marketing come in.About This Role
This job is about effectively leading all of AppSumo's current marketing channels, and finding new channels to expand the reach of AppSumo's brand. This includes managing and growing a channel marketing team of rockstars.On the day-to-day, you’ll be:
- Managing the Affiliate, Paid Ads, Referrals, Email, Influencer, and SEO teams
- Crafting a framework for goals, analyzing data, and strategic optimization
- Funnel optimization, and strategizing P&L
- Developing and executing media strategy for acquisition and retention of customers and partners
- Testing and scaling new insights to constantly evolve and continue high growth
- Use reporting and analytics to analyze campaign performance and track campaign metrics
This is a unique role that requires a true team builder who has managed and grown a marketing team before. Someone who is analytical, with expertise in owning paid ads channels, and an aptitude for working in Excel and Google Sheets.Required Skills
- 6 years in a Marketing Manager position or a similar role
- Experience with Google Analytics/BI tools
- Acquisition or retention marketing experience
- Previous leadership position developing a team of at least 3-5 people
- Specialist in the media mix, above and below the line channels optimization and attribution, and validated track results in top leading brands
- SQL experience
We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package. We have moved to a hybrid workplace where you can choose your best working environment.
When at the office, you will be equipped with a standing desk, a monitor, and any other tech necessary to feel productive. Oh, and you can bring your dog to work. We're animal lovers here!
In addition, we offer a stocked fridge, any snacks you want, and (once we’re allowed outside again) two all-expenses-paid company trips with the team to the local Sheraton—just kidding: last year, we went to an all-inclusive resort in Costa Rica; you can check it out here.
At AppSumo, we treat all of our teammates like adults and trust that you'll get it done when you have something to do. If you are running an errand, hitting the gym, or meeting a friend for lunch, you’re encouraged to do so. You can work from home as often as necessary, and you’ll have unlimited vacation days to go on adventures. (Everyone says it, but we mean it: We expect you to take time for yourself.)
We’re committed to crafting a diverse, encouraging, and collaborative working environment—every person we bring onto the team helps cultivate a culture that we’re proud of.
Up for the challenge? Let’s do this!
Individuals seeking employment at AppSumo are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.