If you read the below description and feel this position excites you, but your experience does not add up 100%, we encourage you to still apply and tell us why! We look forward to learning what makes you passionate and purposeful.
Director of Product Marketing
Full-Time in Austin or New Orleans, US - Senior - Marketing
Levelset is looking for an experienced Director of Product Marketing with an entrepreneurial mindset to collaboratively build, execute, and continually refine the positioning and messaging strategy for Levelset’s best in class suite of construction payment products.
We’re looking for an intellectually curious product marketer who has the demonstrated ability to distill market and customer insights to develop and execute the positioning and messaging for our existing products as well as Go-to-Market (GTM) strategies for new and emerging products.
The ideal candidate will combine a cool and collected attitude with operational excellence to execute on multiple concurrent work streams with an insatiable desire to elevate and push consistent messaging and positioning across all our customer touchpoints.
- Ultimately, develop and validate product positioning and messaging that is adopted across all customer touch points to drive product awareness and engagement and enable us to reach our revenue goals
- Partner with Marketing, Product, Sales, and Customer Success to architect the positioning and messaging and lead the GTM plan for our existing, emerging, and new construction payment products and services
- Capture market, customer, and competitive intelligence to create and validate product positioning and messaging that clearly communicate how Levelset helps its customers get paid better than anyone else in the world
- Establish deep understanding of the target personas across the critical path to product adoption
- Develop intimate knowledge of all product features, capabilities, and corresponding use cases at both an individual product level, but also in the context of our broader suite of payment help products and services
- Construct simple yet highly differentiated positioning and foundational messaging that can be used to inform our website content, content marketing calendar, demand gen assets, sales collateral, training, etc...
- Share the performance feedback and data with senior leadership team on a regular basis through a combination of written communication and presentations
- Define and communicate Product Marketing roles and responsibilities that enable us to achieve our goals. Then, build a team that will enable Levelset to be elite and how we position, message, package, and sell our products and services to our customers.
- 8 years of relevant technology/payment/construction experience that can span product marketing, brand marketing (agency or client-side), demand marketing, sales, etc. with at least 4 years of product marketing experience
- Servant-leader mindset and approach to collaboration
- Sophisticated writing and storytelling skills
- Ability to simplify complex concepts
- Exceptional public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent work streams and meet deadlines
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional projects and drive adoption without formal authority
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, and relationship management skills
- Attentive to details, quality, and accuracy
- Proven ability drive projects through to completion despite obstacles
Levelset has been named one of the "Best Places to Work" by New Orleans CityBusiness three years in a row for our mission-driven culture and commitment to internal and external growth. Backed by venture funding, we are growing rapidly and looking for new exciting team members to add their unique talents to our mission. We empower contractors to always get what they earn, and our software platform makes lien rights, payment paperwork, and compliance in the construction industry simple and stress-free, so contractors and suppliers can get paid faster, have easier access to capital, and less surprises.
Levelset is venture-backed by Horizons Ventures, S3 Ventures, Altos Ventures, and Brick & Mortar Ventures. Levelset is headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, with offices in Austin, Texas, and Cairo, Egypt, and is 200+ employees strong.
- We’re a rapidly growing team working on interesting and worthwhile problems
- With a newly distributed workforce, we make engagement and employee wellness even more of a priority. We want you to love your job!
- We believe professional growth (i.e. building your skills) is essential. Working here provides the opportunity for increased responsibility, continuous learning, and more.
- We have a very welcoming culture that starts at the top with our CEO.
- Nothing is a secret here, we think honesty and transparency create a productive workplace.
- Recognition for hard work and demonstrating our core values is important to us.
- Competitive health benefits, including mental, emotional, and behavioral health benefits and an easy to use Employee Assistance Program.
- Flexible sick & personal leave policy needed for health, family, and parenting during this tough time.
- Open vacation policy without a cap on the number of days-off. We do require employees to take a minimum of 5 days off in a row each year.
- Subsidized International Travel: We subsidize international travel starting at 6 months, and increasing each year
- Equity, per company’s general stock grant plan
- 401k account through Betterment which allows you to seamlessly save money for retirement directly from your paycheck
- Learning and Development Opportunities: In the spirit of our core value to Learn Enough, we offer a book reimbursement program. If you share what you learned from a book with the team, we'll reimburse you for it. We also provide ample room for learning and development opportunities through Coursera online courses, outside speakers, and opportunities to learn skills from your colleagues.
Levelset is committed to providing an environment where any and all people feel welcome, respected, and free to be their authentic selves. We welcome applicants of all gender identities, sexual orientation, educational background, religion, ethnicities, veteran status, and citizenships.