Director, Product Marketing at LegalZoom
Director, Product Marketing
We're here to make legal help accessible to all. LegalZoom transformed the legal industry with the launch of our online services and groundbreaking technology in 2001. Since then, millions of customers have counted on us to officially start and run businesses, protect brands and intellectual property, and look after loved ones through wills and trusts.
As the industry leader for over 20 years, innovation remains at the center of all we do. We're creative thinkers and problem solvers with a passion for building legal and tax products that make a positive impact on the world, and we're always looking for exceptional people to push us further. With us, you'll do work that's as rewarding as it is challenging with a team where every voice matters and diversity, equality, and inclusion are truly embraced. Together, we'll continue to democratize the law and make a real difference in the lives of millions.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you play a critical role in providing thought and people leadership to the marketing organization, partnering with our product teams to drive future growth for the company. You will hire, oversee and develop a world-class team of product marketers and own the go-to-market plans across multiple business priorities including partnerships, enterprise solutions, and shared brand experiences.
You will manage brand strategy projects and help shape a best-in-class end-to-end experience for our customers across multiple business segments. You will help drive LegalZoom’s growth by improving the post-purchase customer experience, focusing on cultivating the long-term relationship we form with our customers. You will bring insights and data that guide the relaunch of our MyAccount technology solution where our post-purchase experience is housed, producing long-term revenue through subscriptions and cross-sell/upsell opportunities. And, you will collaborate with our Partnerships and Enterprise teams to bring new opportunities to market that enhance the holistic LegalZoom offering.
Reporting to the VP of Product Marketing, Research and Insights, you are creative, strategic, analytical, and detail-oriented with strong communication, relationship building and project management skills. As an experienced and professional brand/product marketer, you have proven experience partnering with product leaders and large cross-functional teams to bring products/services to life. You pride yourself in thinking like our consumers, and you have a track record for delivering insights-driven marketing plans that produce excellent business results. You are a skilled leader, passionate about people development and successful at bringing leaders together to make key business decisions.
- Oversee and develop packaging, pricing, positioning, messaging and business / campaign plans that deliver growth to the organization
- Be accountable for a seamless end-to-end consumer journey. Work with Marketing, Product Management, UX/Creative, Sales, Customer Care, Training, PR, Engineering, Legal and Business Development to deliver a delightful customer experience that ensures a long-term relationship with LegalZoom
- Serve as a thought leader, elevating the marketing organization and sharing your point of view which is data-driven and backed with research and insights
- Understand the landscape – be an expert on our competition and how they position themselves; be an expert on our customers, understanding who they are, what their motivations are and how we can best meet those needs
- Spearhead market research projects for your portfolio to better understand the market and gather intelligence to help inform product decisions and messaging
- Serve as business owner, monitoring business health and recommending product opportunities and contingency plans
- Develop and inspire product marketers by providing meaningful career coaching and being a steward of talent
Skills and Experience
- 12+ years of Product Marketing or other directly transferable marketing experience
- Demonstrated business ownership of a product or service with significant revenue
- Operating autonomously to lead campaigns, go-to-market strategy, and initiatives
- Clear and effective communication skills; able to make complex issues appear simple through concise and engaging communication style. Excel with presenting to executives
- Excellence in considering end-to-end implications and presenting decisive, distilled recommendations and managing through influence
- Proven track record collaborating with senior product and sales team leaders and expertise leading cross functional teams. B2B marketing experience a plus
- Success influencing product strategy, design, and development timelines and processes
- Ability to apply consumer insights and research to drive world-class marketing strategy
- Exhibit a bias for action and motivating and inspiring others
- Strong people management skills, skilled mentor/coach and experience building out a team
- First-hand experience in high growth settings with demonstrated abilities to enable organizations to scale a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or higher degree preferred
Join us in making a difference as we build our future and help ensure access to professional legal advice to all! LegalZoom is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity.