Director of SEO at Aceable
ABOUT THIS POSITION
Aceable is looking for a Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Director with a proven track record of growing organic traffic. You are a data-driven marketer with a bias towards action. You are highly analytical with a creative approach to problem solving. At Aceable, you will work on multiple sites in multiple verticals - both established sites and brand new ones. As our SEO leader, you will create and execute upon an organic growth strategy. Your team owns all KPIs related to SEO, and focuses on technical SEO, marketing content generation, and link opportunities.
Aceable is a mobile education platform that focuses on creating affordable, engaging and convenient online courses available across all of your mobile devices. Built by former teachers, NASA engineers, and those passionate about education, the Austin-based team is obsessed with helping people reach life goals and milestones through online certification.
After launching its first mobile app to provide accredited driver's ed courses, Aceable expanded into real estate education and is quickly becoming one of the leading online real estate schools in Texas. To date, Aceable touts more than 20 million users and counting across all verticals, as it continues to expand adding millions nationwide each year.
Named by the Austin Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in Austin in 2017 & 2018 and winner of the Austin Chamber of Commerce’s Austin A-List for the Hottest Growing Startup in 2017. Aceable fosters a creative and collaborative culture whose overall mission is to impact as many student-lives as possible.
ABOUT THE MARKETING TEAM
The Aceable marketing team is made of some of the hardest working, smartest people in their fields. We thrive in a fast paced, constantly changing environment where cross channel communication and collaboration is key. We pride ourselves on quickly solving challenges with new and innovative solutions, and we have fun doing it.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provide leadership in all core areas of SEO
- Manage a team of SEO marketers, contractors, and guide our development workflow
- Design, manage, and execute SEO initiatives
- Research, identify, and implement new search engine optimization strategies
- Develop and implement link strategy
- Work with the development team to ensure SEO best practices are properly implemented on newly developed code, and that we’re putting our best foot forward with search engines.
- Recommend changes to website architecture, content, linking, and other factors to improve SEO positions for target keywords
- Optimize copy and landing pages
- Execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum SERP ranking
- Track, report, and analyze website analytics around SEO initiatives
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 7+ years of SEO experience
- Experience managing a high performing team
- Solid understanding of marketing, conversion, and balance with SEO needs
- Track record of moving the needle on rankings
- In-depth experience with website analytics tools (Google Analytics, Excel, Moz, etc.)
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in SEO
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Join one of Austin's Best Places to Work in 2017 and 2018
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Generous paid time off
- Passionate, high-achieving teammates excited to help you succeed and learn
- Our own space on the top floor of a downtown building
- A team meal every week
- Fully stocked drink fridges and snacks + cold brew coffee on tap
- Company events & other activities (Holiday parties, Happy hours, quarterly volunteering)
- Transportation stipend
- Education stipend
At Aceable we celebrate and support all differences. Aceable is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital, disability, and veteran status.