Director SMB Marketing-Remote at Cart.com
Sorry, this job was removed at 5:39 a.m. (CST) on Tuesday, January 25, 2022
Cart.com is an ecommerce software and services company on a mission to democratize ecommerce and give digital merchants the freedom to grow. We are integrating all the pieces of the ecommerce value chain brands need to thrive, creating a truly end-to-end Ecommerce-as-a-Service platform that helps third party brands move faster, grow more quickly, and deliver on their promises more completely.
Director of SMB marketing will be responsible for acting as the marketing advisor/partner for small and medium size brands. They will oversee and manage the execution of marketing campaigns with HOK (hands -on-keyboard) marketing execution teams. We're looking for a successful candidate that has in-depth knowledge of eCommerce marketing, digital channel and marketing concepts, platforms, tactics and technologies. This person will be someone who has a successful track record of scaling businesses and overseeing full funnel performance marketing teams, but who also has an understanding and appreciation for brand marketing.
- Orchestrate the demand gen planning and budget process ensuring marketing's goals are aligned with overall business objectives including building financial plans for marketing channels with specific KPI’s and business cases for new initiatives
- Collaborate with client/brand team to develop marketing strategy, marketing roadmaps and execution plans.
- Collaborate with media HOK (hands on keyboard) teams in US and offshore to deploy approved marketing plans ensuring integration across Media Campaigns, Web and Creative teams, including managing spend to budget, reporting on forecast, CPLs, Cost-per-Acquisition and ROI
- Lead eCommerce demand gen marketing activities including but not limited to search, social, programmatic, affiliates, and digital native publishers. Manage development, execution, and stewardship of paid media plans.
- Build and implement test and learn media plans and scale campaigns based on evidence of success
- Champion media measurement and leverage data to make informed recommendations, decisions and forecasts; Develop KPIs/OKRs, reports, and analysis to provide funnel and campaign insights
- Effectively communicate and evangelize reporting on demand gen’s success to key cross-functional stakeholders at all levels within the organization
- Be the financial expert that leads all team members to optimize marketing spends, achieve ROAS targets and make critical financial decisions that affect the company’s top and bottom line; must be articulate in reporting results and recommendations
- 7+ years of experience managing a demand gen, acquisition or digital marketing team
- Deep understanding of Paid Digital Media is a must. Candidate must have a strong understanding of Direct and Programmatic media strategy, overseeing implementation and day-to-day optimizations.
- Experience using industry leading tools and platforms such as DCM, DV360, Google Ads, Business Manager, Tableau etc.
- Data-driven with a strong ability to model the funnel and campaign impact
- Track record of exceeding eCommerce goals from traffic to conversion and delivering successful multi-channel demand generation campaigns
- Experience Project Management tools (Asana, Basecamp, ClickUp).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity and drive complex projects to success
- Ability to anticipate the needs of the team, with strong attention to detail, and ability to learn quickly
- Ability to build and sustain highly collaborative work relationships
- SaaS and Global experience a plus.
- Strong communication skills (interpersonal, written and verbal)
OUR CORE VALUES:
These aren’t just buried somewhere in an employee manual. We live and breathe them. They are on the walls and live in our hearts. They come up constantly in conversations and actions. They govern the decisions of the newest hire all the way up to our CEO:
WE ARE OBSESSED WITH BRANDS
We live for brands and are fanatical about their success.
WE THINK BEYOND THE BOX
We explore new ideas and discover creative solutions. We think openly about how to serve brands and solve problems.
WE DON'T GIVE UP
No one expected this to be easy. We are resilient— we dig in and keep going.
WE SPEAK UP
Every person here has an obligation to question norms, voice concerns, and offer their perspective.
WE WORK TOGETHER
We work with integrity and respect, ask for help, and extend the same help to others.
WE ARE HUMAN
Our people are our biggest strength. We have fun and make real connections with one another and with the brands we serve.
Cart.com is deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to identify and onboard people from all walks of life. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, family status, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, neurodiversity, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other non-merit based or legally protected grounds.