Email & CRM Marketing Manager
Headquartered in Austin, iFLY is an experiential entertainment company that brings the dream of flight to everyone. iFLY’s engineers have spent tens of thousands of hours creating the perfect stream of air, enabling people of all backgrounds and abilities to defy gravity at over 40 retail locations worldwide. We’re building the new sport of bodyflying and are rapidly expanding our marketing team to help us tell an inspiring story of community, skill progression and personal accomplishment to our database of over 4 million flyers.
The Email & CRM Marketing Manager will plan, execute and measure cross-channel marketing campaigns designed to create an inspiring customer experience and increase lifetime value. The ideal candidate is a strategic and analytical thinker, with the project management and technical skills to manage an ever-expanding portfolio of marketing communications. This role reports to the Director of Performance Marketing and includes exposure to C-level executives.
What You’ll Do:
- Rebuild a major B2C email marketing program from the ground up, including lifecycle, transactional and ad-hoc campaigns. Apply your analytical abilities and creative talents to show us what email marketing at iFLY should be, then lead the execution of your vision.
- Create email marketing strategies for program/seasonal campaigns and work with your teammates in marketing, product and operations to execute campaign launches.
- Identify the data requirements, segmentation and targeting logic and content needs for each campaign.
- Collaborate with iFLY’s brand and creative teams to develop compelling and on-brand creative assets for your campaigns.
- Build, QA and schedule/execute campaigns using our digital marketing platform.
- Manage a campaign calendar so we always know what we’re communicating to whom, and when.
- Test relentlessly: Create your own experiments to improve email performance over time and partner with other stakeholders to use email as a means to test messaging, offers and other hypotheses about our business and customers.
- Report on email performance and test results with clear, concise and data-driven analysis.
- Test new channels (e.g. direct mail, SMS, in-app) and identify how they fit into the larger lifecycle marketing strategy for a given audience.
- Play a leadership role in the creation of our international marketing strategy. Partner with the corporate marketing team, iFLY’s international staff, and third-party agencies and consultants to expand support for our non-US business.
- Serve as a subject matter expert and technical leader on all things email, including deliverability, regulatory, technology stack and customer database.
Who We're Looking For
- 5-7 years of email/CRM marketing experience with a B2C focus.
- Track record of creating email marketing strategies that inspire customers and drive revenue.
- Deep understanding of the marketing technology stack, including marketing automation, email service providers and CRM; interest in getting under the hood to bend the technology to your will.
- Familiarity with email design and development. Ability write code for email or demonstrated history of working with agencies to get the assets you need to make your campaigns successful.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills. Intermediate to advanced Excel skills including functions and pivot tables. Experience with SQL and reporting/statistical tools are a plus.
- Experience with one or more B2C digital marketing platforms (e.g. Adobe, Oracle, IBM, etc).
- Working knowledge of international email marketing regulations (Canada/UK/EU in particular) and strong desire to strong build international email experience.
- Strong project management and organization skills, including ability to scope, plan and set deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to communicate your ideas and convince an audience using data and visual storytelling.
- Entrepreneurial team player; able to take initiative and deliver results with minimal direction, while knowing when to pull in other stakeholders for feedback