Email Marketing Manager, SMB
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Small Business Email Marketing Manager is responsible driving email marketing strategy and execution for our all small business acquisition and customer retention efforts. We are looking for a creative communicator with a deep understanding of email marketing and automation best practices, who is highly analytical and driven to meet and exceed performance benchmarks. This critical role works closely with marketing and campaign managers to build high-performing email programs that integrate tightly with campaigns to drive maximum conversion. Email Marketing responsibilities span teams and this role will require strong people skills and the ability to successfully work cross-functionally with the marketing automation, content and CRO teams to create and optimize email performance.
What You’ll Do
- Build, launch and manage all acquisition and customer email campaigns including email strategy, content creation and oversight of production.
- Create compelling and engaging content for all prospect and customer facing email.
- Drive database marketing strategy, working closely with marketing automation team to continuously update and optimize targeting, CTAs, and content for maximum lead conversion.
- Work closely with CRO team to optimize email to maximize trial conversion
- Work closely with marketing managers to guide list segmentation
- Track, measure and analyze campaign results daily and pro-actively optimize email campaigns for improved performance
- Continuously A/B test subject lines, email copy, layouts and CTAs for improved conversions
- Troubleshoot email performance issues and minimize list decay and unsubscribes
- Monitor marketing automation performance and hygiene and work with automation team to manage list uploads
- Act as an Email Marketing subject matter expert-- staying informed on the latest email marketing best practices, strategies, industry standards and implement best practices to improve email metrics
Who You Are
- 3+ years of email marketing, demand generation or marketing communications-related experience
- Experience with email marketing, lead nurturing and marketing automation. Ideal candidate will have experience with marketing automation platforms such as Marketo, Pardot or HubSpot
- Excellent understanding of email marketing concepts, metrics and benchmarks, as well as an understanding of how email integrates into broader acquisition and retention strategies
- Highly analytical and able to derive meaning from data through A/B testing and email optimization.
- Enjoy with varying teams and stakeholders with competing requests and priorities
- Able to successfully juggle multiple projects and tight deadlines
- Highly organized and detail oriented and highly analytical
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Familiarity with regional and global anti-spam regulations (CAN-SPAM, GDPR, etc.)
- Experience with transactional B2B marketing or B2C marketing preferred.
- Systems Thinker - You are dedicated to providing high-quality services, committed to continuous improvement through empowerment and management by data, willing and able to re-engineer processes from scratch, open to suggestions and experimentation, and efficient and effective work processes.
- Process Oriented- You can readily design practices, processes, and prioritizations, know what to measure, and how to measure it.
- Communicator - Excellent written/verbal communication and customer relationship skills are critical both working with people internally and externally.
- Collaborative - You have demonstrated success working cross-functionally in larger organizations, and have the ability to forge strong bonds and work collaboratively with key external and internal partners.
- Composed - You know how to execute consistently in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment and carry out self-directed responsibilities.
- Personable - You are seen as positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Learner - You pick up on new skills quickly, enjoy learning and are adept at staying ahead of the curve on relevant industry, company, product, or technical knowledge.
- Ethical - You believe in our mission, share our values and understand that it’s not just about what you get done, but also how you do it.
- Priority & Goal Setting
- Process Oriented
- Crossing the Finish Line
- Technically Savvy
- Executing Plans
- Attention to Detail
- Collaborative with Cross-Functional Teams
- Proactively Communicative
- Hungry & Self-Directed
- Will to Win
- History of Winning
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.