Email Marketing Strategist at Atlassian (Remote)
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it's necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is looking for an Email Marketing Strategist to join our Performance Messaging team. Reporting to Performance Messaging Team Lead, this person will be responsible for driving Email Strategy initiatives to deliver best-in-class customer experience and measurable business result. This role partners with business teams across Atlassian to deliver programs supporting funnel goals and optimize the experience on an ongoing basis. The role also works with our Marketing Analytics and Audience, Targeting, and Optimization team for measurement and governance projects to help quantify the business impact and ensure results are being optimized. They will have a hand in defining how to measure the channel impact and act as a subject matter expert on Email best practices and strategy recommendations to improve campaign performance based on targeting, content and other available data.
Are you excited by customer experience, experimentation and performance measurement? Are you intrigued by a highly collaborative working model? Are you energized by a dynamic environment in a fast-growing company? If so, then this is the right role for you.
On your first day, we'll expect you to:
- Have 5 - 7+ years of experience designing and managing email programs & strategy
- Have data driven mindset, with experience of defining key business metrics at channel level and managing experimentation beyond email metrics
- Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Have a passion for and knowledge of email marketing technology advancements and enthusiastically seek out opportunities to improve the performance of the channel
- Ability to collaborate with large amount of stakeholders and navigate through sometimes undefined roles and responsibilities with different teams
- Ability to understand the business context from different products and business functions to ensure strategy being wholistic and get buy-in from business partners
- Ability to work with Email Messaging Operations team to get technical feedback and implement the strategy
- Proactivity in looking for opportunities where the team/business can improve whether it be efficiency, measurement or collaboration
On the job, you'll have the opportunity to:
- Work with analytics team and business partners to to define the channel contribution and optimize the impact of channel cross customer lifecycle stages
- Collaborate with product marketing, operations, engineering, product marketing and analytics, to implement elite marketing strategies
- Own the growth and strategy for Email channel ensuring the team is meeting and exceeding business goals
- Drive new changes to the organization and set the foundation for a unified channel experience
- Deftness in prioritizing among competing opportunities, balancing customer needs with business priorities, and articulating the rationale behind decisions to the larger organization
To succeed here you will need to:
- Be recognized as an email strategy subject matter expert
- Have excellent communication skills
- Embrace, and sometimes drive, change
- Collaborate with teams with different goals and priorities
- Have a can-do attitude
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world's best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub .